Mount Natagumo Part 6

"Oi...where did you get the idea that you were the only one being serious?"

In a flash Tanjiro rushed at the demon's neck and made a clean slice. Without the demon even realizing, Tanjiro had won. His head hit the floor and his body started slowly disintegrating.

Tanjiro looked behind him at the demon emphatically. The body of the demon was fading away into ash slowly so Tanjiro walked over to it and put his hand on it.

I smell a great unbearable sadness from the body...

Tanjiro's eyes started to water as he thought about how sad a person's life can be to unwillingly become a demon. He stood up and put down the box that carried Nezuko. He remembered that he needed to collect the demon's blood for Tamayo.

I hope this doesn't give you anymore pain. Rest in peace...

Tanjiro inserted one of the blood viles into the body and it immediately collected his blood.

"Meow!"

A cat appeared and since Tanjiro was familiar with Tamayo's cat, he expected it and wasn't startled. He put in the blood vile and closed the pouch.

"Meow!"

The cat hopped away and disappeared. But then, Tanjiro heard someone running towards him, so he turned his head in the direction he heard it. He calmed slightly when he smelled that it was a human approaching instead of a another demon. A man much taller than Tanjiro appeared and went up to Tanjiro. The man had tied-up dark black hair, and a mis-matched haori. The unnamed man stepped on the demon's kimono on the floor, that Tanjiro was holding.

"Why were you holding the demon's kimono? Don't feel sorry him. It doesn't matter if it looked like a kid or not. He's a monster that killed hundreds of people."

Tanjiro looked at him slightly annoyed.

"I will never yield to demon's that kill people unforgivingly, but I also won't hesitate to feel empathetic towards them. They were once a human. Just like me. Please get your foot off. He isn't a monster. Demon's are sorrowful beings. Most of them didn't want to become a demon, but they were forced to."

The man stayed silent until his eyes went wide as if he just recognized Tanjiro.

"Wait a minute you're...."

Both the man and Tanjiro got cut off as they sensed another person approaching. But Tanjiro could smell a malicious intent so he put his hand on his sword. He saw a small young woman with a butterfly haori running towards Nezuko's box, Tanjiro put off to the side. He ran in with his sword unsheathed and it clashed against the woman's sword.

"Oh? What do we have here? A slayer protecting a demon? That's against the rules y'know."

Tanjiro could feel his rage boiling because anyone that tried to hurt his sister gets on his nerves immediately.

"How bout you back the fuck off?"

"That's no way to talk to your superior now is it?"

"Like I care."

"If you keep protecting that demon over there I'm going to have to tell the master about this. This is a clear violation of the demon slayer corps conduct."

"I'm leaving. Bye. Oh also thanks Tomioka-san for not trying to kill my sister like this woman over here."

"Oh Tomioka-san, you know this boy? That's intriguing. He just said you also didn't kill the demon when you got the chance. Is that true? If so, that's also against the rules. You know that right Tomioka-san?"

Tanjiro walked towards Nezuko's box and picked it up. He put it on his back and started walking away from the scene. The woman again ran in front of his and started shaking her head.

"I can't let you do that."

"I really don't want any trouble. Just leave me alone."

Then, Tanjiro's crow swooped in and let all three of them know of a important message.

"Caww!! Caww!! Message! Message! We have a message!! Restrain the one's named Tanjiro and Nezuko!!"

All three of them were shocked and stopped bickering.

"Tanjiro has scar on his forehead and Nezuko has a bamboo muzzle!! Bring them to headquarters!! Caww!! Caww!!"

The woman looked at him confused.

"Are you Tanjiro?"

"Yes that's me. Tanjiro Kamado. Rank Tsuchinoto. Nice to meet you."

The man standing beside Tanjiro was shocked even further.

If my memory serves correct, this is the boy I saved two months ago. And he's already passed the final selection? Nevermind the final selection, he's already at rank Tsuchinoto!?

"And who's Nezuko?"

"That would be my sister in this box."

Tanjiro pointed to the box on his back.

"Well, just as the crow has informed us, we need to restrain you."

"You don't need to do that. I can walk there myself."

"If you say so. Just drink this.

The woman pulled out a wooden flask and handed it to Tanjiro. He put it to his mouth and sipped away.

"What's in here anyway? It tastes like water but it has a weird after taste."

"Unfortunately I tricked you. You thought this was medicated water right? Well, it's actually a sleeping drug. I do need to restrain you, someway or another. Sorry about that."

Tanjiro's eyes went wide as he heard he was tricked. But it was too late. He already drank it all. He immediately started feeling wobbly and lost his balance. He fell to the floor as his vision went blurry.

"You bitch....why would you-"

Within seconds his head hit the floor as he was knocked out unconscious.

"Did you really need to restrain him that way Kocho?"

"It was the only way to do it Tomioka-san."

"Why do you have a sleeping drug on you anyway?"

"For cases like these. Sometimes I need to knock out other slayers. Now enough talking. We have to clear out for the kakashi to do their job."

. . .

PS Note: Another chapter done! Thanks for 35k views everyone!

If you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote and comment what part you liked the most!

If you didn't enjoy this chapter, that's okay too! Tell me in a comment which part you didn't like so I can improve.

Remember to please vote, share with friends and family, comment, and follow me!

If you have read this far, I thank you! Your time means everything to me. I really do mean it when I say that I appreciate anybody who reads this story. I love you all!