Sparring

(Side Note: Before we get started, for this chapter since there's a lot of fighting, I wanted to visualize it very well, so most of the pics will be from stuff that involve characters that aren't in the story yet so please ignore those.)

. . .

"I have yet to tell you all this, and I apologize for keeping it from you. Tanjiro Kamado. Not only were you investigated for traveling with a demon, but you are also under suspicion of falsifying your reports."

"W-What......?"

Tanjiro was was extremely shocked. Not only did he risk losing his sister today, but now his security of being a demon slayer is also at risk.

"Falsifying....reports...? What does that mean...?"

"It means that you are suspected to have lied on your reports to rise in rank, and therefore gain more money. This is actually more common than you think, and gets slayers expelled immediately if they are proven guilty."

"But I'm not a demon slayer for money!! I'm doing this to turn my sister back into a human!! No other reason!"

"Unfortunately I have no reason to believe you. First to prove whether you're innocent or guilty, would you mind telling us all what happened yesterday on Mount Natagumo?"

"Yes of course! I was assigned the mission alongside Zenitsu Agatsuma, and Inosuke Hashibira. So as we entered the mountain, we encountered a demon that could control threads, and those threads would control other slayers to kill themselves. I ended up defeated that demon. Then we got ambushed by another demon. I was knocked away very far to the other side of the mountain, and encountered lower moon 5. After some bickering back and forth between us, I ended up killing him as well. Then Giyu and Shinobu arrived. That's pretty much a summary of what happened."

"I see. So Tomioka, and Shinobu. Can either of you confirm or deny that it was lower moon 5 that Tanjiro killed?"

Giyu shaked his head and spoke up.

"Unfortunatly I arrived too late, and the demon had already disintegrated. I can't confirm or deny that."

"And you Shinobu?"

"I arrived after Tomioka-san, so I don't know either. Sorry."

"Hm...well let's look at the facts for now. On all of the missions you been on prior to Mount Natagumo, you have said in your reports that it was quite easy to kill the demon. Is this true?"

"Yes. Oyataka-sama. That is true. I found it quite easy to defeat the demons without much effort. Even lower moon 5 was similar."

"Well...I'm out of ideas...I have no other way to find out if your reports are true."

Oyataka turned to the hashiras.

"Do any of you have any ideas we could use to figure this out?"

Sanemi raised his hand.

"Oyataka-sama, If I may?"

"Go ahead Sanemi."

"I propose a spar with Kamado. We need to test his strength, so we can find out the truth to this."

"Hmm. I don't see why not. You may proceed. But, we must instill some rules of course. Tanjiro. I don't expect you too win against any of the hashira. Regardless, if you are as powerful as your reports say, than you will somewhat hold your ground against them. Also you have to call out if you forfeit. Do you understand?"

"I get it but...what if I do win?"

"I suppose that is a possibility, even if it's slim to none. In the off chance that you do win I'll promote you too the rank below hashira immediately. Rank Kinoe."