A Suprise Visitor

Tanjiro's eyes fluttered awake as he groaned from his sleeping position on his bed.

He couldn't get a good night's sleep because his brain kept replaying the situation with Kanao in the onsen from last night over and over on loop. This caused him to stay awake for hours on end.

He lifted the covers of the bed off of him and hopped out. He sighed as he could feel the exhaustion of not getting enough sleep hit him.

 He sighed as he could feel the exhaustion of not getting enough sleep hit him

He tried not to think about it. As he got out of bed, he looked over to Nezuko's box on the floor beside his bed. He bent down and placed a hand on the box.

"You okay Nezuko?"

After a couple of seconds, some scratching sounds could be heard from the inside of the box confirming his question. He looked at the box for a little, then came up with an idea.

He picked up the box and brought it over to a closet. He wasn't using this closet for his clothes so it was empty.

He placed the box inside the closet and slid the door behind him, shutting out the light.

"It's okay Nezuko. There's no light in here. You can come out."

She opened the door slowly and rolled out of the box in her kid form. Tanjiro smiled at seeing her so jolly. There was an extra blanket in the closet so he wrapped it around her.

"You can stay in here during the day. Light won't be able to get in, so you're safe, okay? Also, this blanket will keep you warm."

"Mmm-mmm!"

"That's a good girl." He rubbed her hair making her smile through her bamboo muzzle.

He stood up and left the closet, letting her rest in there. Tanjiro left his room, but as he was sliding it closed, he saw a piece of paper attached to his door. He took it and read it.

'Hey Tanjiro. This is Zenitsu writing. Me and Inosuke got assigned a mission just after you fell asleep last night so we're not here currently. Don't worry about us. I'll make my mission quick and get back as soon as possible.'

Tanjiro nodded as he read the note.

I see. Zenitsu and Inosuke are out. Alright, that's fine.

He tossed the note away and went to look for Kanao.

After checking her room and not seeing her there, he checked the kitchen.

She must be eating breakfast. I'm quite hungry as well...

As he slid the door open to the kitchen, he also didn't see Kanao there.

Weird...

He left the room and wandered aimlessly trying to find her. After passing the hallway that led to the front door, he smelt her scent. He stopped in his tracks and went to the front door.