The Misfits in a peaceful place

Bắt đầu từ đầu

My chest tightened. I pursed my lips and I felt isolated

"It doesn't matter!" But someone spoke right after I looked away, "

"The Alpha chose you," They said, "And that's all we need."

"Right!"

I looked at them in awe

"If it's about protecting, we'll do it!" They said, "It doesn't matter if you're human, we'll be there for you,"

I was dumbstruck by them, "Why would you?"

"Because we already like you!"

!!!!

That came as a surprise and I found that a little awkward, "Why?"

"Because the Alpha likes you!"

Woah, they seem to have a lot of trust in Matthew.

The flickering firelight played on their faces, creating a mosaic of expressions as they engaged in conversations.

"You all seem very fond of Matthew,"

"He's a natural leader, " One pack member said, casting a nod in the alpha's direction. "He's made a home for wolves like us who have nowhere to go."

Another chimed in, a wistful smile playing on their lips. "Did you see how he handled that dispute last week? He's simply amazing." I turned to look where they were looking and saw the Alpha, standing near the pack house, talking to someone

Oh? So he regularly handles things here too? Is that why he suddenly disappears from the office and people don't know where he is? He comes to handle stuff here,

Curiosity piqued, I subtly shifted closer to catch snippets of the conversation.

"He's got this way of making you feel seen," A voice whispered. "For people like us who were never seen, it means a lot."

"But still," I replied, "Him and I are different people, just because you like him, doesn't necessarily mean you have to like me."

They all spared each other a glance, then looked at me. A low chuckle followed. "Have you noticed those moments when he's with his mate?"

"Me?" I pointed at myself.

They nodded, "We've never seen him this happy."

Oh...

As the pack members exchanged these observations, my attention became increasingly drawn to Matthew.

"He's a listener," someone noted, their eyes fixed on the distant conversation. "And there's a depth to him, like he's carrying the weight of the pack."

"Yea, I heard he had to make a lot of effort to get this pack."

"Why?"

"The royal family wouldn't allow it."

"They wouldn't? Why not?" I asked as if I already didn't know the answer. I did, I just didn't remember

"Because wolves need to be perfect," They all tore their gazes away and my heart fell.

"But Alpa Matthew made a place for us, he pulled us from the streets, gave us a home."

They smiled, "Not only that, but he also saved us from being rogues,"

The more I listened, the more I found myself drawn. Then again, before this, they were all rogues and homeless. Anyone would be grateful for what Matthew did for them.

"We all had our beginnings, all of them bad," I looked at a white haired boy, "But now we're here and we would love to have our Luna as part of our story."

It felt like it would be a heavy responsibility. Being a Luna and all, but my heart seemed content with it, so I didn't say anything else against it.

****

The next morning, Matthew decided to show me around the pack, starting from the pack house.

My heart pounded in my chest as he led me through the different rooms of his house. I was captivated by his words, his gestures, and, of course, his presence. But what was going on in my head and heart?

The desire to hold his hand was an itch in my fingertips, a craving that seemed to grow with every passing moment.

But, oh, the shyness held me back like an invisible force. How could I possibly make the first move without risking embarrassment or rejection? As we navigated the corners of his home, my mind raced with thoughts of our intertwined fingers, and a blush crept up my cheeks.

"The pack still lacks a lot, we have to get the approval of the royal family everytime we want something so it's taking time." But whatever he was saying was going over my head.

Oh! Gosh! What is wrong with me! It's just holding hands!! I've been wanting it for a while! I can do this!!!

I nodded to myself as we entered a room, "Many rooms are empty for now, like this one,"

A serendipitous moment presented itself. We found ourselves in a room filled with the soft glow of ambient light. It felt like the perfect setting for a connection, an opportunity too good to pass up. The warmth in the room matched the warmth in my heart, and I couldn't let this chance slip away.

I fidgeted with my bracelet, then with a subtle adjustment, my fingers brushed against his ever so briefly. It was a fleeting touch, delicate and almost accidental, but to me, it felt like a spark which made my heart skip a beat.

For a moment, time seemed to freeze. I stole a quick glance at him, wondering if he felt it too. His step hesitated, and our eyes met. Was there a hint of surprise or recognition in his gaze? I couldn't quite tell but he had his eyes on me.

My feelings were doubling up and I gulped,

"I," DO IT!!! I told myself, "I just really just want to hold your hand." I said softly as a light breeze made its way in through the window, fluttering my hair.

His eyes met mine, and for a moment, I held my breath. Then, a warmth spread across his face, and a soft chuckle escaped his lips. "Well, what are you waiting for?" He replied, his voice laced with a hint of playfulness.

Before I could fully process his response, his hand gently enveloped mine. It was a simple, yet profound gesture. The touch sent a wave of comfort and excitement through me.

OH God... This feels so nice

Our fingers interlocked as we continued the tour, my heart still raced, but now with a newfound excitement. The anticipation of what might happen next fueled my every step. I had taken a small, subtle step toward bridging the gap, and the thrill of the unknown lingered in the air between us.

'Luna'

The word revolved in my mind and I stole a glance at him

'His Luna'