Prison Pals

It was dark. Really dark. Parker, who was never a big fan of the dark, stayed close to Daryl as their group made their way through the prison. She and Glenn were both carrying a couple cans of spray paint, marking arrows on the walls so they wouldn't get lost on the return trip. Maggie turned around and almost crashed into Glenn, letting out a scream. 

Parker almost laughed, but she stopped herself because she knew that if it were her, she would have done the same thing. Glenn placed a hand on her arm while Maggie looked a little embarrassed before continuing. Everywhere they walked, they saw corpses scattered on the ground, torn apart by a walker they had yet to find. 

They slipped around the corners, and then Parker heard the walkers moaning and growling. Rick and Daryl, who were leading the group, suddenly began to back away. 

"Go back!" Rick hissed. "Go back! Move! Walkers!" They ran back the way they had come but found their path blocked by more walkers who had apparently followed them without anyone noticing it. Rick grabbed Parker's hand, not wanting to lose her as they ran. Daryl led the way, heading down another hallway. They didn't realize it, but they lost Glenn and Maggie when a group of walkers separated them from the rest of the group. They ducked around a corner when they thought they were safe, and that's when Parker noticed people were missing.

"Where are Glenn and Maggie?"

"We have to go back," Hershel insisted.

"But which way?" Daryl asked, Rick peeked out, opening the door and leading them down another hallway. They called out to Glenn and Maggie in silence, trying to find them as they walked. When they heard Hershel let out a cry of pain, her eyes widened in surprise. She shot back around the corner and saw him lying on the ground, a walker holding his leg and blood spilling everywhere. 

"No!" Parker shouted, she threw her knife and ended up hitting the walker in its head, pushing the body away from Hershel. Maggie and Glenn caught up to them, and Maggie let out a soft sob as she looked at her father.

"Dad!" Rick and Glenn picked up Hershel, the walkers came around the corner. Parker pulled out her gun and shot two before more took their place. Their path was blocked in two directions, leaving them only one option as they ran down a hallway, followed by a herd of walkers. Parker broke the handcuffs that chained the door they came to and pushed inside while the rest of the group entered the room. Daryl and T-Dog secured the doors while the rest of the group tried to help Hershel. Rick took off his belt and tightened it just above Hershel's knee.

"Alright," Rick said. "Only one way to keep you alive." As Rick raised his axe, Parker realized what was about to happen. Unable to watch, she stood up and staggered across the room, listening to the sound of Rick cutting off Hershel's leg. She choked on vomit, covering her mouth with her hand. She could kill walkers without blinking, and deal with gunshot wounds and cuts like they were nothing, but hearing and seeing someone amputating their leg was too much. She doubled over and vomited, spilling what little was left in her stomach onto the floor. She wiped her mouth when the sounds of Rick cutting into Hershel's leg stopped, and as she straightened, she heard Rick let out a soft gasp and then Daryl's voice, with a small hint of fear.

"Parker, get away from there, now!" She turned to see five prisoners staring at her through the bars that separated them, and her eyes widened in fear. She staggered back as Daryl walked over with his crossbow raised. With one hand, he pulled Parker behind him.

"Holy shit." One of them mumbled in complete disbelief at what they had just watched.

"Who the hell are you?" Daryl demanded.

"Who the hell are you?" They countered.

"He's bleeding to death!" Rick said. "We have to go back!" He looked at Maggie. "Come around here. Put pressure on the knee. Hard!" Parker raised her gun towards the prisoners.