Dividing The Group Some More

"Shot?" Dale asked when the group returned and explained what happened, "What do you mean shot?"

"I don't know, Dale, I wasn't there," Glenn replied. "All I know is this chick rode out of nowhere like Zorro on a horse and took Lori."

"You let her?" Dale asked, giving Daryl an accusatory look.

"Climb down out of my asshole, man. Rick sent her," Daryl snapped. "She knew Lori's, Parker's and Carl's names."

"I heard screams," Dale said as Andrea walked past him. "Was that you?"

"She got attacked by a walker," Glenn explained. "It was a close call."

"Andrea?" Dale said. "Are you alright?" Andrea just shook her head in response, entering the RV and closing the door behind her. Parker approached one of the abandoned cars, climbed on the hood, and brought her knees to her chest. Carl had been shot and they were sitting there doing nothing. When the time finally came to make a plan, Carol still wasn't ready to leave.

"I won't do it," Carol interjected. "We can't just leave."

"Carol, the group is split," Dale said. "We're scattered and weak."

"What if she comes back and we're not here?" Carol asked, trying to hold onto what little hope was left. "It could happen."

"If Sophia found her way back and we were gone... that would be awful." Andrea backed her up.

"Okay," Daryl agreed. "We gotta plan for this. I say tomorrow morning is early enough for us to pull up stake. Gives us a chance to rig up a big sign. Leave her some supplies. I'll hold here tonight, stay with the RV."

"If the RV is staying, I am too," Dale cut in, not wanting to leave behind his RV.

"Thank you," Carol whispered. "Thank you both."

"I'm in" Andrea added, her hand raised. Glenn nodded.

"Well if you're all staying then I'm..."

"No, not you, Glenn," Dale cut him off. "You're going. Take Carol's Cherokee."

"Me?" Glenn asked, pointing to himself. "Why is it always me?"

"You have to find this farm, reconnect with our people, and see what's going on," Dale replied. "But most important, you have to get T-Dog there, this is not an option. That cut has gone from bad to worse. He has a very serious blood infection. Get him to that farm. See if they have any antibiotics because if not, T-Dog will die. No joke."

"Guys, I'm going too," Parker finally said, speaking for the first time since they returned. She slid down the hood of the car. "Carol, I'm so sorry, truly. But, I have to get to Carl. I wish I could stay, but..."

"No, I understand," Carol rubbed Parker's arm comfortingly. Daryl was searching through the pack on his motorcycle, before pulling out a zip-lock bag and throwing a rag at Dale.

"Keep your oily rags off my brother's motorcycle. Why'd you wait 'til now to say anything? I got my brother's stash." Daryl went to look in the bag of pills and medications. "Crystal, X. Don't need that." He found another bottle. "Got some kickass pain killers. Doxycycline. Not the generic stuff neither. It's first class. Sometimes Merle got the clap on occasion."

"Well," Parker said quietly. "That's not what I expected."

"Well if you're going to go, let it be now." Dale insisted.

"I'm driving," Parker announced as she started for the car. Daryl grabbed her wrist, stopping her.

"Hey, you got a minute?"

"I have to go." Parker insisted, about to walk away.

"It'll only take a second," Daryl responded, leading Parker away from the group. "I want you to take this." He pulled out a gun. "Just in case."

"Those people don't seem dangerous," Parker eyed the gun before pushing it away. "They're saving Carl's life."

"I don't care," Daryl stated firmly, trying to get her to take the gun. "Consider it insurance."

"Insurance?" Parker asked.

"Yeah," Daryl nodded. "I'm gonna want that back. So stay alive for me, okay?" Parker really didn't know what to say when Daryl forced the gun into her hands.

"Okay."

"Be careful, alright?" Daryl asked. "We don't know these people." Parker nodded.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow." Parker stuffed Daryl's gun into the waistband of her jeans. Glenn looked out the car window, waiting impatiently.

"We don't have all day!"

"Right," Parker said, catching Daryl's gaze. "Do me a favor, okay? Don't die."

"I won't," Daryl said. "Don't crash."

"I'm offended. I'm a great driver." Parker countered. She was not good at being slow. Parker had her foot on the gas the whole way to the Greene farm, and Glenn sat in the front seat with one hand gripping the handle above his head (The 'Oh shit' handle) and the other gripping his seat so hard his knuckles turned white.

Although she was driving extremely fast, Parker knew how to control a vehicle, which is why, when they skidded onto the Greene property, she slammed on the brakes and stopped them, causing both Glenn and T-Dog to breathe sighs of relief.

"I've got T-Dog," Glenn nudged her forward when she hesitated, wanting to help him. "Go." Parker got out of the car faster than lightning, running to the house. Ignoring the blood splatter on the porch steps, she saw the girl sitting on the porch and flew through the house door when she gave her a slight nod.

"Rick!?" Parker called for him as she ran inside. "Rick? Lori!?" Rick met her at the door, catching her as she ran into his arms.

"Hey, Parker."

"Is he alright?" Parker asked with tears pooling in her eyes. "Please tell me he's okay?"

"He's okay," Rick assured her. "Shane and Otis went to get medical supplies."

"What happened?" Parker asked in a hurry. "Can I see him?" She continued trying to see over his shoulder and further into the house.

"We're just waiting for Shane to get back," Rick answered. "Come on. I'll take you to him." When Parker saw Carl lying on the bed, she felt her heart break a little. He was pale, covered in a thin layer of sweat, and his eyes were closed. Parker moved to Carl's bedside, crouching down next to him as she placed a hand on his shoulder. Parker brushed his hair out of his face.

"Hey, little man," Parker whispered, her voice catching in her throat. "It's Aunt Parker. You're going to be okay, you got that? These people are going to help you. They're gonna make you all better, okay?" She stood up and walked away, wiping her nose on her sleeve. Glenn and T-Dog appeared, offering their support, letting them know they were there for whatever Rick and Lori needed before leaving the room with the girl from before. Parker looked at Rick, a crushed look on her face. "I hate seeing him like this." Rick held his sister in his arms.

"He's going to be okay, Parker."

"I know," Parker whispered, "But it doesn't make it any easier. I... I can't be here. I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay," Rick replied. "We'll come get you if anything changes, okay?" Parker nodded before leaving the room, she needed some space to process everything.