Forgiveness Goes A Long Way

Carl ran into the cell block yelling that Andrea was at the gate. They ran out to the courtyard and found Rick already at the gates as Andrea headed towards them, a walker on a pole. Parker had her weapon ready in case Andrea's presence was a smokescreen for an attack. Rick waited for her to get through the herd of walkers as everyone stayed on high alert. 

"Are you alone?!" Parker shouted at her.

"Open the gates!" Andrea demanded, wary of the walkers that were slowly closing in on her.

"You heard her," Rick yelled. "Are you alone?"

"Rick!" They opened the gates and let her in, but the moment Andrea walked through the gates, Rick made her put her hands up and pushed her against the fence. He began searching her, looking for some kind of weapon, before walkers jumped at her through the chainlink and forced them to move. Rick pushed Andrea to her knees before finishing his search, stepping away from her as he did so. 

"We asked if you were alone," Rick hissed.

"I am," Andrea responded with a dumbfounded look, not understanding why they were treating her like an outsider. Rick ripped the bag off her shoulders and tossed it away from her.

"Welcome back," Rick welcomed her with no emotion in his tone, pulling her up. "Get up." Although Andrea had once been his friend, the fact that she had voluntarily taken refuge in the Governor's town and seen how two of her former friends were subjected to a fight to the death. And the other two were tortured, it had made Rick doubt her. They brought Andrea to the room they used as a storage area for extra supplies and where they made their food, the room on the other side of the metal bars that separated it from their cell block. They were aware of the amount of time they had already spent outside in the open, and once inside, Andrea hugged Carol in greeting, relieved to see another familiar face from Atlanta.

"After you saved me, we all thought you had died," Parker stated, catching Andrea's attention. "I never had the chance to thank you for that."

"You're welcome," Andrea replied. "Have I redeemed myself in your eyes?" Parker shrugged, Andrea's redemption being the last thing on her mind. 

"We'll see. Depends on what happens in the next few minutes." Andrea noticed Hershel's crutches and she covered her mouth in shock. 

"Hershel, my god. I can't believe this. Where's Shane?" She looked back at Rick and Parker seeing how they had known him the longest. Rick shook his head, looking at his sister.

"He's dead," Parker answered bluntly.

"And Lori?"

"She had a girl," Parker spoke up when no one else did, although her voice trembled when she said it. "Lori... she didn't survive."

"Neither did T-Dog," Maggie added to the list of their dead.

"I'm so sorry," Andrea gasped. "Carl... Rick I-," She looked around, a combination of confusion and amazement on her face. "You all live here?"

"Here and the cell block," Glenn responded from behind her. Andrea pointed to it. 

"There? Well, can I go in?"

"I won't allow that," Rick stopped her, Parker stepped towards her, blocking her path.

"I'm not an enemy, Rick," Andrea tried to say but not a single one of them cared.

"We had that field," Parker pointed out, anger radiating off of her. "That courtyard. Until your boyfriend decided to knock down the fence with a truck and shot us up. If you're living with the enemy, who's to say you aren't just some distraction?"