Taking Things Slow

Carol sobbed for her daughter, and when Daryl helped her up, she turned away and ran from them, not wanting to see her daughter's corpse on the ground. Beth, Hershel's daughter, pushed Rick away and ran towards one of the corpses. When she turned it over, the walker growled and grabbed Bath's hair, causing chaos as they tried to free her and kill it. 

Once the danger had passed, Daryl headed towards Parker, who was having trouble concentrating on anything other than Carl, who was clung onto his mom a few feet away. Crouching down next to her, Daryl lifted her chin to look into her eyes. 

"You okay?" She took her time to respond, taking a moment to meet his eyes and turn her attention to him.

"Huh?"

"Are you okay?" Daryl repeated. Parker blinked, stuttering as she looked between him and the pile of bodies behind him.

"Yeah, my head just hurts." Daryl turned to Shane, storming over to him, hand around his knife.

"You son of a bitch!" Rick caught Daryl as he lunged at Shane. 

"Daryl! Hey! Put the knife down!"

"You did that to her!" Daryl yelled, pointing at Parker. "You knew she had a concussion, so why the hell did you do that?

"I didn't mean to, man," Shane looked suddenly worried. "Is she okay?"

"Does she look okay?" Daryl asked, pointing his knife at Parker, who was still sitting in the dirt with her head in her hands mumbling quietly to herself.

"I'm sorry," Shane apologized.

"Don't go near her again," Daryl snapped. "I'll kill you myself if you do." When he returned to Parker, he helped get her to her feet. She staggered for a second before turning around and vomiting, doubling over as Daryl held her arm gently. As she stood up, Parker's eyes met Daryl's.

"I feel dizzy," Parker muttered. Daryl didn't hesitate to carefully lift her into his arms, carrying her the rest of the way to the RV. When he laid her down on the bed, she immediately tried to sit up, but Daryl pushed her back down.

"No chance in hell, stay there," Daryl instructed. Parker moaned in pain, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"But I'm fine."

"You don't look good, you just threw up," Daryl responded. "Lay down, okay?" Parker didn't have the energy to argue, but when Daryl made a move to leave, she grabbed onto his hand.

"Don't go." Daryl stayed with her until she fell asleep and when she woke up, he was gone. Getting up carefully, Parker found Carol sitting on the couch in the RV, looking out the window. When she saw Parker approaching, she seemed worried. 

"Should you be up?" Carol asked, her voice quiet.

"Carol, I'm so sorry about Sophia," Parker instantly apologized. Why? She didn't really know but she just felt like it was the right thing to do. "I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault," Carol replied. "It's okay."

"No, it's not, I should have kept looking for her. We should have looked harder." Parker rambled out all in one breath. "You didn't deserve it, and if there's anything I can do, let me know."

"Well, you can have something to eat," Carol suggested, pointing to the peaches Glenn received from Maggie a few days ago. "You look pale."

"Thanks. Hey, have you seen Daryl?"

"He's on the other side of the fields," Carol replied. "If you go, be careful. I don't think he's having too much fun."

"Well, that's because I'm not there." Parker winked at her and Carol choked on air. "Kidding! Kidding." She raised her hands in the air.