Epilogue

📍16th November 2036 - Perth, Australia

"That will be $10, Mrs Ricciardo." The pharmacist said across the counter as Amber stood ready with her purse. She smiled at the use of her full name; something in which everyone called her here in Perth.

She handed over the bill and watched the cashier check it through the register before tearing her receipt from the machine, handing it promptly over.

Now walking back to the car, Amber smiled as she held onto her bag, thinking about her wedding day. They had decided to get married eighteen months after Poppy was born. She was then just old enough to be their flower girl; all the photos had her beaming because she got to spend her whole day with mommy and daddy.

It was an intimate wedding which they had in Perth. After Scotty and Chloe's extravagant wedding, they had decided to tone it down slightly, noticing how stressed both the bride and groom appeared to be on their own day.

They had their honeymoon six months later, choosing to spend their time in the most remote islands of the Bahamas, away from everyone in the world. Two weeks of newly wedded bliss.

And that's how she ended up pregnant with Ada. They had been spending their entire honeymoon obsessed with each other. But, Amber didn't complain. Ada was her little miracle baby.

As she sat down in the drivers seat of the car, she placed the keys into the hole and started the ignition before pulling off down the road.

The breeze through the car made her hair fly. Living out here made her feel so free. A freedom she deserved, even after all of these years.

As she drove down the road, her phone started to ring. She picked it up and answered the call, seeing a familiar face across her mobile's screen.

"Hey." Amber smiled into the loudspeaker. "You okay?"

"What do you wear to a funeral?" Francesca asked as she exhausted the contents of her wardrobe; every item lay on her bed. "I've got no clothes."

Amber giggled as she rolled her eyes. "Just anything black. And make sure it's conservative."

"Yes, I won't have my tits out during the ceremony." Francesca jokes as she rummaged through the pile in front of her. "Even will all of these clothes, I have nothing."

"Buy something then." Amber giggled. "Is Harry okay with everything that's going on?"

Only last week, Harry's ex mother-in-law had passed away after only a short battle with her health. Harry was understandably gutted. She was not only Eva's mother, but Beatrice's grandmother and the closest thing that Harry had ever had to a mother of his own.

"He's been better." Francesca said with a slight exhale. "I'm trying my best."

"I know you are." Amber smiled. "Just give him time."

"I am." Francesca said. "Beatrice has been to visit, loads. Nothing is seeming to help."

Beatrice had just had her twenty second birthday and had spent it with her usual group of friends in London. She was now a fashion student with a part time job in a British department store.