Thirty Eight

📍25th June 2022 - New York, USA

"Your hair smells like raspberries." Lando playfully leaned his weight into Amber as he sniffed her hair, almost falling straight onto the floor but somehow Amber managed to support him.

"Jesus, Lan." Amber giggled. "How much have you had to drink?"

"Hardly anything!" He exclaimed with a smirk whilst Daniel came running to Lando's aid and supported the other side of his body.

"I think it's time to go home." Daniel confirmed as he looked across to Amber. "This was meant to be a fucking christening, not a piss up!"

"How is the baby?" Lando asked with a slurred voice.

"Luca's in bed." Amber said. "I think that you should also go to bed."

"Trying to get my pants off are you Amber?" Lando smirked. "Would you mind that, Daniel?"

"Calm down, Norris." Daniel tutted as he shook his head, ushering Michael over from the other side of the venue to collect the drunken Brit attached to his arm.

"Lan, there's a car outside to take you back to the hotel." Michael said. "Fran has taken Connie back."

"I'll go with him." Amber said sweetly as she encouraged Lando to walk with her. "Come on sweetheart."

"Let me come with you." Daniel said as he momentarily let go of Lando and picked up his jacket and Amber's bag from the table. "There's no way you can look after him by yourself."

"I'll be fine." Amber said politely. "You don't have to leave the party if you don't want."

"Let's go." Daniel said with a smile, confirming that he wasn't going to let Amber take care of Lando, alone, in his drunken state.

As the pair encouraged Lando to move, they approached the front of the building where a taxi was in fact waiting for them to arrive.

"Booking for Michael?" The driver asked as Daniel opened the back door for Lando to climb in.

"I'll sit in the front." Amber said as Daniel nodded back to her so he could climb in the back of vehicle with his ex-teammate. "I apologise for my friend. He's had too much to drink."

"Not enough to drink." Lando muttered as he slumped his body weight against the seat.

"There's a $60 charge if you puke." The driver's American tone rang through the taxi as he pulled away from the street and headed down the road. "Family party?"

"Christening." Daniel laughed as he kept a keen eye on Lando.

"Are all of your family parties this wild? Aren't christenings meant to be, well, tame?" The driver laughed as he looked across at Amber.

"This is the first time I've ever had to drag someone out  of a christening, hammered." Amber smiled as she responded to the driver and watched as he indicated to merge into the lane beside him.

"Hey, Amber." Lando said as he whispered his tone. "I have a secret to tell you."

"What's that, Lan?" Amber giggled as she looked at Lando's drunken state in the back of the car.