Sixty

📍21st October 2022 - Austin, Texas

Daniel and Amber felt the excitement in the air as they prepared for the upcoming Grand Prix in Austin, Texas.

The city's vibrant energy matched their own anticipation, but there was another reason for celebration—Daniel and Amber were hosting a gender reveal party the night before qualifying.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting warm hues across the Texan sky, the couple adorned their rented mansion with decorations in shades of pink and blue. Soft fairy lights twinkled around the backyard, where a beautifully decorated table showcased an array of appetizers and desserts. The atmosphere buzzed with laughter and chatter as their friends arrived.

Max and Kelly were among the first to walk through the door, Max throwing a casual arm around Daniel's shoulders. "Ready for the big reveal, mate?"

Daniel grinned, "Absolutely. It's going to be a night to remember."

Lando and Luisinha arrived, Lando playfully holding a small gift wrapped in blue paper. "Already placing my bet," he teased.

Francesca and Michael, Scotty and Chloe, added to the lively mix. Laughter echoed through the halls as they caught up on each other's lives.

Connie and Harry, a surprising addition, arrived hand in hand. It seemed that time had healed some wounds, and they were willing to share in this joyful moment.

Amber approached Connie with a warm smile, "Connie, I've been meaning to ask, how's everything going with you and Harry? It's great seeing you two together."

Connie returned the smile, a hint of blush coloring her cheeks. "It's been good, Amber. Harry's been wonderful, and we're taking things one step at a time."

Amber nodded understandingly, "That's great to hear. I know it can be tricky, especially considering Harry's past. Is he... you know, over his late wife?"

Connie took a thoughtful pause before responding, "He's healing, but some wounds run deep. We're navigating through it together, supporting each other."

Amber nodded again, her expression compassionate, "I can only imagine. And, well, there's also his daughter. How are you feeling about the possibility of becoming a stepmother?"

Connie's eyes softened, "It's a new role, for sure. But I care about both of them deeply. His daughter is a sweet girl, and I want to be there for her as much as I can."

Amber leaned in a bit, her tone gentle, "It sounds like you're handling it with grace. Do you see yourself adapting to this role in the long run?"

Connie sighed, "It's a process, Amber. I care about Harry, and I care about his daughter. I want to be there for them, but it's all still unfolding. We'll see how things progress."

Amber offered a reassuring smile, "Well, if you ever need someone to talk to or share experiences with, I'm here."

Connie nodded gratefully, "Thank you, Ambs. I appreciate that. And speaking of relationships, how are things going with you and Daniel? How excited are you to find out the gender of your little one?"

"I'm trying not to think about it just yet." Amber giggled as she nervously shuffled her feet. "I'm too excited and I'm desperate to know what we are having."