Three

📍26th December 2020 - Perth, Australia

The journey back from the airport to Daniel's farm didn't take too long. Daniel allowed Amber to sit in the passenger seat whilst Michael drove the car and Daniel sat in the middle seat in the back, his large hands sprawling out over either front head rest as he leaned forward to chat to the pair.

Amber's nerves were soon relaxed when she realised just how carefree and easy going both of these men were, reciprocating the same comfortable feelings she had when she first met them in London.

As the car pulled up across the dirt track which seemed to last for miles, a large house came into view as Amber pulled her sunglasses down her face so her eyes could focus on the huge building in front of her.

The landscape which surrounded this home was as far as the eye could see, stunning her greatly as she realised that Daniel owned this much land.

The home was rustic but also had a modern vibe to it as she hauled herself out of Michael's car, staring intently over at the infrastructure.

This allowed Daniel enough time to run around to the back of the car and remove Amber's belongings, balancing each and every bag on his body to whisk them away inside of the house.

"You coming?" Michael asked as he followed Daniel, looking back at Amber as she smiled and nodded briefly.

As soon as the wide double doors opened, Amber took in the house; it was nothing as she'd expected.

From the outside, the barn conversion appeared older than it did inside. Daniel had floor to ceiling glass fitted on most of the walls, to make the space appear larger than it was.

Even though the farm was converted to be modern, old features still remained such as wooden beams planted across the ceilings as well as the large log burner which was placed in the living area.

Amber wondered whether Daniel had ever used it, considering how hot it was here in Perth. Daniel's farm seemed to be a sun trap; blazing heat raised from the red dirt.

"This is your room." Daniel said as his hand pushed opened the door, allowing Amber to step inside first as her body brushed past Daniel's in the process.

Goosebumps raised on his skin as he swallowed away the electric feelings which erupted where skin to skin contact had been made.

The room was massive as a four poster bed sat in the middle of the room. A chase lounge sat at the foot of the bed where a TV could be found on the wall opposite.

A door adjacent to the bed opened to reveal a large en-suite. Amber's eyes widened when she noticed the free standing bath and separate shower cubicle.

It wasn't as if she didn't have chance to experience the finer things in life, but with her current salary as a self-employed writer, she could never have afforded to stay in a hotel this fancy, let alone a house this extravagant.

"Daniel, this is too much. Surely, I'm sharing with Fran?" Amber asked as she watched Daniel place Amber's suitcase and bags down onto the ground, neatly pulling them up to the wall.

"Francesca has her own room upstairs." Daniel shrugged off her words and smiled over at Amber. "It's no trouble, really."

"Are you sure? I feel awful. You only found out I was coming yesterday." Amber said as she used her hand to gesticulate her point.