Thirty Two

📍10th February 2022 - London, UK

Amber kicked her heels off as soon as they arrived back at Michael's apartment. Daniel and Michael trailed behind her as they filtered to opposite directions of the house.

Amber could sense some tension in the air every time Daniel and Michael looked at each other.

Daniel had confided in Michael at the bar once everyone had decided to leave or go to dance, telling him about the offer Christian had made him. Naturally, Michael thought it was an offer he couldn't refuse, but he knew the implications which came with saying yes.

Never revealing the information to anyone before, Daniel told his personal trainer about the house and about the baby situation. They'd both been keeping things very quiet as they didn't want to ruin the almost perfect relationship they had formed.

"You need to tell her, mate. You have to let Christian know tomorrow, you can't make a decision without taking with her about it first." Michael whispered in Daniel's ear after Amber had announced that she was going to change into something more comfortable.

Daniel nodded and waited for Amber to return, watching her move across the house like an angel, even when she was dressed in her comfiest outfit.

"Ambs, can you come here for a second please?" Daniel cleared his throat and caught the attention of his girlfriend.

"This sounds serious..." Amber giggled as she moved towards the two men sat in the living area. "Is this serious?" Her tone changed as she took a seat whilst Daniel scurried and knelt in front of her, holding her hands and locking their eyes together.

Michael awkwardly shuffled in his spot as he realised he was right in the middle of what could possibly be a domestic argument. He wanted the floor to swallow him up whole.

"I should probably phone Fran." He mumbled as he stood up and grabbed his phone off the table, practically running towards his bedroom door and slamming the door tightly shut.

Daniel let out a breath as he smiled at Amber, unlinking one of his hands which held hers, to reach up towards her hair and tuck it behind her ear.

"You're so pretty." Daniel commented as he rejoined their hands together whilst Amber giggled lightly.

"You've sat down on the floor to tell me that?" Amber said whilst shaking her head. "Tell me, what's going on in that head of yours. You've been elsewhere all evening."

"Do you remember when I told you that Max called me the other day?" Daniel asked as Amber shook her head as she remembered. "It was Christian."

"Horner?" Amber queried as it was Daniel's turn to nod to her question. Amber bit down on her lip as she knew this news would be huge for Daniel.

"He offered me Checo's seat. He's retiring before this season starts." Daniel told her as he grabbed her hands a little tighter. "He's going to buy me out of my current contract with McLaren and get me on board straight away."

Amber let out a breath as she began to smile, letting out a small shriek as she moved her hands from Daniel's and placed them to either side of Daniel's head, pulling herself closer to his body as she sat at the very edge of the seat.