Thirty Three

📍3rd April 2022 - Perth, Australia

It had been a manic start to the 2022 season. Now two races in, Daniel was looking forwards to his home race this upcoming weekend in Melbourne, making a short trip to visit his family beforehand.

And, to see the progress the workmen had made to Amber and Daniel's house.

The flooring had been laid and the walls had been painted, plastered or wallpapered. It was all down to the small finishing touches that had yet to be done.

Amber had spent night after night sending over furniture and other furnishings she had picked out to their development team, who gladly ordered everything she had requested.

Although she didn't have an income rolling into her bank account each month like she usually would have, she still had some inheritance from a relative who had passed away some years ago, as well as any money she had happened to save over the years.

Amber wasn't one for fruitfully spending every bit of money she had. She'd rather store it all away for a rainy day. This rainy day had come quicker than she had anticipated and found it quite exhilarating to be spending her hard earned cash on everything she wanted to make their house, their home.

Daniel had also chipped in with most things which needed to be bought. Contributing to the workmen's salaries each month and giving them extra for ensuring they did an excellent job.

And that they did.

After visiting the house for the first time since being away, Amber was mesmerised with the progress they had made since they started renovation back in late February.

As they were in no particular rush to move in straight away, they informed everyone working on their home to take their time. They wanted it to be perfect and they certainly didn't want any aspect of it to be rushed.

"So, the walk-in wardrobe is almost there." A construction worker said as they guided the couple through the house.

Daniel's arm remained protective around Amber as she stepped over the copious amounts of machinery and equipment which lay on the floor. Her large wedged heels were not the most appropriate choice of footwear to wear on a construction site but they had plans with Daniel's family after visiting.

"The railings are up, the doors just need to go on the units." He informed the pair as Amber looked around the room with her eyes wide open.

"I have my own walk in wardrobe?" Amber asked Daniel as she turned around in shock. She didn't remember seeing this room in the initial plans for the building and right now, she was on cloud nine.

"I thought you'd like one." Daniel smiled as he wrapped his arms around the back of Amber and rested his head against the top of hers. "Your own girly room."

"Is that what you're going to call it?" Amber laughed along as Daniel nodded. "You do realise that your clothes will be in here too."

After taking a walk down the hallway, they were acquainted with the master bedroom, which they both fell in love with immediately. They had a balcony which opened up at the foot of the bed, allowing the pair to have the most gorgeous view of their grounds outside the house.