Thirty Nine

•super long chapter to keep you occupied•

adult content warning
📍1st July 2022 - London, UK

"Daniel?" Amber sang through Michael's apartment as she fixed the buckle of her heel against her ankle and scurried out of the spare bedroom to locate Daniel.

For his birthday, Amber had organised a small meal with his closest friends who were in the area for the occasion.

After a blinding start to the Silverstone weekend, with Daniel getting great results in his first two rounds of practice, he was in high spirits. Both with his career and with his personal life.

Ever since their reunion back in New York, just a mere couple of weeks prior to tonight, the pair had made time for one another; taking things slower than before but being grateful that they could slightly pick up where they'd previously left off.

Daniel was more than happy to have Amber back in his life, even if it was pleasantly friendly instead of being a formal couple.

"Dan, where are you?" Amber said again as she had no response the first time around.

"Do I look okay?" Daniel asked as he stepped out of the bathroom, wearing a colourful shirt with skinny jeans.

Amber had noticed that he'd spent time to style his hair for the evening, ensuring each curl was perfectly placed on his head.

Daniel's skin was still tanned; naturally glowing from months of travelling in warmer climates. Amber swore that he never lost his Australian tan, even after spending a large duration away from his homeland.

"You look amazing." Amber said softly as her eyes rolled up and down the figure stood in the hallway.

"Alright, no need to eye-fuck me." Daniel commented which resulted in Amber's cheeks heating up with every second which ticked by. "Sweetheart, I'm sorry, there's no need to be embarrassed."

It was safe to say that Daniel felt as if he was treading on eggshells around Amber, ever since rekindling whatever this was.

He'd constantly watch what he said and did in order to not set Amber off again. He knew that this was an unhealthy way to live, but he couldn't afford to live without Amber.

"I'm not embarrassed." Amber said softly as she tucked some hair behind her ear and cleared her throat. "Just surprised that you used that particular phrase."

"What?" Daniel smirked. "Eye-fuck? Come on baby, you can properly fuck me if you'd like." His low tone made Amber giggle out loud as she lightly slapped his chest as he hugged her body tighter into his arms.

"You're embarrassing me now." Amber whispered as her hands smothered over the fabric of Daniel's shirt.

Daniel could only smile down at the girl in front of him, knowing that she was fine but the joking made her feel a tad overwhelmed right now.

"Thank you." Daniel said as he tried to change the tone of the room.

"What for?"

"For organising my birthday. You didn't have to go to any trouble." Daniel nodded as Amber slipped away slightly from being so closely bundled up against him.