Eight

📍15th February 2021 - London, UK

Daniel lowered Amber onto the bed in one swift motion, taking extra care to ensure that she was comfortable. Her legs hung around Daniel's waist, locked behind his back as their crotches inevitably grinded together.

Daniel's fireproofs left little to the imagination for Amber as she could feel what was lying underneath as if it was also exposed to her. She could feel the resistance on the fabric as Daniel lowly moaned at the urgency he felt inside.

As Daniel's lips travelled down Amber's neck, she took the opportunity to close her eyes and let the moment sink in, swirling and curling Daniel's ringlets through her fingertips. With her head tilted back and her eyes firmly shut, she leaned her head back into the pillows and let out a small moan as Daniel's head and shoulders inched lower down her body.

One by one, button by button, Daniel popped open her blouse whilst kissing her chest as he made his way down the valley between her breasts, across her navel and towards the hem of her skirt.

As she lifted her leg around his waist higher, her skirt was now bunching up around her waist, exposing her heat for Daniel as he ground between her legs.

It was only until this point where Amber realised exactly what she was doing and exactly where this interaction with Daniel was headed and it terrified her.

Instead of appearing in the moment, Amber's body locked up as her hands didn't move so freely across Daniel's back anymore and her willingness to want to continue escaped out of the window. It wasn't as if Amber was thinking about anyone else, and hell, she was not thinking about Liam. But her body stopped her, right then and there.

"Are you alright?" Daniel asked as he stopped kissing Amber's neck and towered over her as he used his arms to support his weight over her body. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Can we stop?" Amber asked in a whisper as Daniel simply nodded and removed himself from her, allowing her space to rest her back up against the headboard and pull the sheets up to her body, covering what had been exposed.

The hair in which she had spent so long curling and styling was now a complete mess as it ran down her shoulders.

"Ambs, what did I do?" Daniel asked softly as he tried to reach for Amber's leg but she flinched slightly, her mind wanting Daniel to back off.

Daniel felt torn by the situation as he replayed the moment in his head over and over again to try and identify anything which could've potentially put Amber off. But he couldn't think of anything; to him, it was going perfectly.

"I'm not ready for that." Amber said in a blunt tone. "I'll never be ready for that, with you." If only she had thought about her words before she had spoken them out loud.

Her mind was becoming obsessive and as a defensive mechanism to protect herself from becoming too involved with Daniel, she had decided to completely push him away, even though all Amber wanted to do was pull him back in.

"Right." Daniel said as he stood up from the bed and paced for a while, calming himself down as he took his time to stare out of the window of his hotel room. "Why did you come here tonight, Amber?" Daniel asked as he finally broke the silence.

"Because you invited me." Amber answered his question as she looked over the room as Daniel tussled his curls with one hand.

"And why did I invite you?" Another question fired from Daniel's lips as he ran his tongue gently over his bottom one.