Seventy Two

📍15th April 2023 - Perth, Australia

"What was that?" Amber asked as she steadied her breathing once more. "Sounded like glass."

"I need you to stay in here." Daniel said as he frantically placed his hands onto Amber's arms and locked his vision in tightly onto her.

"What are you talking about?" Amber shook her head. "I need to move." She said as she started to fidget in her place.

"No!" Daniel shouted before taking a short breath to calm down. "Please, just stay here for me."

"Dan, you're trembling." Amber commented as she noticed his broad hands. "What's going on? What was that noise?"

"Baby, it's too much to explain." Daniel said. "But, I will, just not now. I need you to promise me that you'll stay here."

"I'm not going to promise any such thing." Amber boldly stated. "Daniel, you're scaring me."

"I know, I know." Daniel said in a hushed tone.

"Is something happening?" Amber asked with her eyes wired shut and her heart pounding in her chest, combatting the overwhelming sense that she was once again in danger. "Are we in trouble?"

Daniel shook his head to suggest 'no', but the facial expression he had donned upon his face was not convincing in the least.

"Dan, please tell me what's going on." Amber demanded. "I'm in labour and you're telling me that I can't walk around my own home?"

"Yes." Daniel stood up promptly and paced towards the door. "I really need you to stay here."

"You can't force me." Amber said as she hurried to stand again, but had to take her time due to the swollen stomach in front of her.

"Amber, please!" Daniel said as he extended his hand in her direction and proceeded to make steps closer to her once more. "You have to listen to me."

"Why?" Amber protested. "Why should I listen to you when you can't even explain what's happening to me?"

"Baby," Daniel cooed to get Amber to calm down, which backfired immediately.

"Don't baby me." Amber scolded. "Tell me what's going on right now, or I'm calling Harry."

"Fine, call him." Daniel waved off Amber's comment. "Just please stay in here."

Amber silenced herself for a brief moment as her eyes scanned the sincerity of Daniel's face, the tone of his voice and the choice of words in which he had used.

"There's something wrong." Amber said quietly with frantic eyes. "You would say that I'm silly to consider calling Harry if it wasn't a situation where Harry was needed. Harry is needed, isn't he?"

Daniel nodded once as the air stayed silent and the atmosphere could be touched.

"There's someone in our home, isn't there?" Amber asked.

Once again, Daniel nodded slowly as his hands trembled beside him.

"Who's in our home?" Amber asked with fear antagonising her.