Seventeen

📍14th July 2021 - London, UK

As Amber walked hand in hand with Isabella, Isaac and Daniel walked behind them as Isaac constantly moaned about not being able to go to McDonalds.

"But, Uncle Daniel, you said I could have nuggets." Isaac said as he placed his hand across his stomach whilst Daniel just chuckled along to the small child's groans.

"One thing you need to learn about life," Daniel said as he watched the girls in front of him giggling, "it isn't always fair."

"This is injustice!" Isaac said dramatically as Daniel widened his eyes and ruffled his hair with one shake of his broad hand.

"That's a big word for you, little guy." Daniel said as Isaac started to walk backwards, crossing his arms over his chest and pouting out his bottom lip. "Look, the girls want something else, so we can't have nuggets today."

"Why do the girls get to choose?" Isaac said as he stopped moving, so Daniel crouched down to his level and looked him in the eye.

"If you want women to be happy, let them have their way. Your sister doesn't like nuggets. Sometimes you have to make compromises." Daniel said as he titled his head. "I have one more day with you tomorrow, what do you say I'll take you for a McDonald's then?"

"You promise?" Isaac said with wider eyes. Daniel held his hand out and extended his little finger.

"I pinky promise." Daniel said as Isaac wrapped his little finger around Daniel's and finally smiled.

"Are you two coming?" Amber asked as her and Isabella climbed a small flight of stairs up towards a small Italian restaurant Isabella had noticed when they were walking.

Daniel looked up at how beautiful Amber looked in the gloomy British rain, the air still thick with the scent of heavy perspiration as the water droplets lessened from the clouds.

Both boys jogged up to the girls and Daniel squeezed in before Amber, practically moving her out for he way.

"Daniel, don't be rude." Amber complained as she moved Isabella out of the way as she was being forced into Amber's leg.

"One second." Daniel said as he approached the waitress at the door. "Hey, have you got a table for four, preferably a private one?" Daniel asked as he slid his golden credit card toward the hostess which swayed her mind from declining his request to begin with.

"Certainly, follow me..." She said as she picked up two adult menus and two children's ones and bounded inside the venue.

Daniel opened his arm for the children to get past first as Amber also guided them from behind, resting her hand against the back of Isaac's head as she controlled where he moved.

"Did you just push the queue?" Amber whispered to Daniel as he followed behind her.

"No, Amber." Daniel shook his head and followed the kids down towards where the hostess was leading them. "We pushed the queue."

Amber couldn't help but laugh at Daniel but she did feel terrible for the long line of people still stood outside in the rain.

As they sat at the table, Amber on one side and Daniel on the other, Amber had Isabella on her side whilst Daniel had Isaac.

"Isabella, do you know what you want?" Amber asked as the young girl had now climbed into her lap so they could read their menu's together. "They have pasta or pizza..."