Twenty Six

📍1st November 2021 - New York, USA

Another two weeks had passed by for Daniel and Amber to reunite. Their week in London had been mostly spent together on an evening, with Amber working throughout the day and Daniel attending several meetings in Woking alongside Lando.

They were both exhausted when it came to the end of the day, so they'd spent their time together snuggled on the sofa in front of various different films which they never finished; always falling asleep in front of the television until the early hours of the morning where they'd relocate to the bedroom.

Amber felt extremely jealous as Daniel kept her posted with his week in Austin, Texas. He loved the place and had several friends over in the states to spend the Grand Prix duration with, consuming plates of barbecue food and taking in the country and western lifestyle. Daniel promised to bring Amber here when they were next on break together, which would surely be after Christmas.

Now, congregated in Francesca's New York home, Michael, Daniel and Blake had made friends with Francesca's brother, Emiliano, sinking a few beers whilst the women who'd came over were all too busy cooing over the growing life in Francesca's stomach.

"Now, are you going to reveal who the father is?" Rebecca, Emiliano's wife asked Francesca as the girls sat around the mother to be, holding mugs of coffee or glasses of Prosecco.

Of course, Amber and Connie had opted for the alcoholic option.

"No." Francesca lightly laughed as she moved her mug of coffee onto the table beside her. "Just know, he's involved and he's being supportive. But, it is never going to be a romantic relationship."

"At least he's involved." Connie smiled and grabbed Francesca's hand. "This baby will have more than enough love to go around."

"I wish you would tell us though, Fran!" Rebecca scoffed. "We probably don't know him."

"I highly doubt that." Francesca let slip as she closed her eyes promptly, mentally scolding herself for letting too much information slide from her lips.

"We know him?" Amber asked with wide eyes. "Tell us!"

"Not happening." Francesca laughed with a low chuckle as her eyes panned across her friends and family.

"We will find out one day, Fran." Francesca's mother, Bianca, commented as she walked into the living area of her home. "You can't keep this a secret forever. Your father is worried sick."

"Momma." Francesca rolled her eyes as she stood up and moved over to her mother, placing her hands across the tops of her arms. "You're going to be a grandmother, just focus on that."

"I'm trying, but I'd like to know who's responsible for getting you pregnant." Bianca said as she tilted her head, trying hard to calm down for her daughters' sake.

"Me, momma!" Francesca raised her hands into the air. "I'm very responsible for this."

As the welcoming party was in full swing, Francesca spent the afternoon opening small presents the girls had gifted her. It was as if she was having a pre-baby shower already and Francesca was loving the attention. She hadn't seen many people since leaving her position at McLaren, and her life was starting to feel slightly lonely.