Seventy One

📍15th April 2023 - Perth, Australia

Here Amber stood, stirring some homemade pasta sauce on the stove, using one hand to rub across her swollen belly as she now reached two days before her due date.

The house was spotlessly clean and tidy and organised; her nesting obsession now taking over to ensure she had the nicest home to bring her little one back too. For the past week, Daniel had been making their home a tranquility paradise for her.

He wouldn't allow any guests into the house, unless it was immediate family and ensured that Francesca had left their home. He had nothing against her staying, but he wanted their memories with their firstborn to just be between them. He didn't want any involvement from anyone else.

To ensure she felt comfortable, Daniel employed more security to watch the gated community they now lived on. Even though the investigation had been closed for some time, he still felt more secure by ensuring he upped his own personal security. He wanted nothing but safety for his family.

Daniel hadn't told Amber about these new staff members, Amber had simply thought that there had been a change in staff and didn't question the new faces she now met at the gates. But, she now hadn't been outside of their home on five days, wanting to remain at home just in case she went into labour.

"Something smells wonderful." Daniel smiled as he entered the kitchen. "Didn't I tell you that I'd cook dinner tonight?"

"You did." Amber nodded with a smile as she continue to stir the sauce. "But, I had a little burst of energy and wanted to help."

"You should be resting." Daniel informed her as he leaned his body weight against the kitchen counter top.

"Baby, you know that I've been resting for the last five days. I needed to do something, I was starting to get a little bored." Amber smiled as she lowered the heat on the gas cooker. "Dinner will be ready in ten."

"Thank you, gorgeous." Daniel smiled as he walked over to his fiancé and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Did you pack your hospital bag?"

Amber nodded as she pursed her lips together to make a noise for 'yes'. "Have you packed yours?"

"I have, it's by the door." Daniel said as he used his thumb to point over his shoulder. "When do you think she's going to want to get out?"

"I'm not sure. She seems quite comfortable." Amber informed Daniel. "I was hoping she would be here either today or tomorrow, but she may still be late."

"I can't wait." Daniel said with a bright smile. "What can we do to encourage her?"

"Spicy foods." Amber informed him as she pointed to the sauce simmering away. "That's got quite the kick."

"What else?" He asked again.

"Long walks, gentle exercise." Amber listed.

"We could go for a walk around the estate tomorrow morning? If you feel up to it?" Daniel tilted his head as Amber giggled. "Don't laugh! I want to meet our cutie pie."

"She will be here when she decides she's ready." Amber said softly. "Sex, that apparently helps too."

"Seriously?" Daniel perked up as his eyebrows raised. "We haven't had sex in like, three weeks?"