37.

Super Bowl

It's been a week

It's been a week. A week since I've seen Dane.

I stared down at the envelope in my hand. I sighed and decided to open it. I turned the envelope around and tore it open.

I opened the folded paper. The NFL logo glared towards me. I read the letter.

Same invited Owen and I to go to the Super Bowl? Shit how do I handle this? I thought to myself.

"Mom, what is that?" Owen asked with a bunch of cereal in his mouth. It sounds more like "mumwatsthet?"

"Oh, it's nothing sweetie. Hurry up so we can leave." I told him.

"Okay," he said.

I ran upstairs and placed the mail on my bedroom table before running back down stairs to Owen.

~

Another week has gone by, I still wasn't sure if I should accept these tickets.

Owen has dreamed of this forever. Would I be a selfish mother?

I picked up my phone and called him.

"Amelia?"

"Why?" I asked, getting right to the point.

"Why what?"

"Why did you cheat on me, why did you give Owen and I tickets to the super-bowl, why just why Dane?" I sobbed.

"Baby..."Dane sighed.

"I promise I didn't, just please come. We can talk after. I would never do anything to hurt you or Owen. You guys are the only thing I have. I promise you." Dane begged.

"Okay," and with that we said our goodbyes. I guess we are going to the super-bowl.

~
"Oh my god! I can't believe I'm here!" Owen jumped with excitement.

"I know!" I kissed his cheek even though I was dying with anxiety. Driving here was a nightmare. Everyone was drunk. All I wanted was someone to lean on. Someone like Dane, but he wasn't here.

The line was so fucking long. I was so close to losing my shit.

"Amelia!" A familiar voice shouted at me. I turned and there I saw him.

Dane was standing there. In his grey sweatpants and an NFL tee shirt that hugged his muscles. Everyone freaked out, but Dane didn't care. He walked straight towards us.

"Come with me," he said.

"Dane!" Owen hugged his leg. Dane lifted Owen in his arms and wrapped his other arm around me. He smiled at his fans as we walked.

Once we were alone, I removed his arm. Dane frowned, but didn't say anything.

"I got you a suit," he said.

"Dane that's too much." I knew that the players had to pay for tickets themselves.

"It's fine, I have no one else to spend my money on," he joked.

"I hope you know I'm not here for your money." I told him.

"I know," we reached the suit.

"I have to go, but I'll see you after?" He asked. He didn't care if he won or loss. He only cared if we could talk after.

Owen jumped from his arms and ran into the suit.

I stood on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek. "I'm proud of you, good luck." I backed away, but he grabbed my wrist.

"Fuck I missed you. I couldn't sleep, not because of this life changing thing in my career, but because I couldn't see you. I promise I was on a plane. That picture was from a years ago. She admitted to it." He explained.

"We'll talk after," I told him.

"No, I can't wait that long. I can't play without you believing me." He told me.

I thought about it before nodding. "I believe you, I just have been so stressed with the trial and it went all good. I think I was waiting for something wrong to in my life. I love you Dane."

He wrapped his arms around my waist before our lips connected. "I couldn't sleep either," I told him.

"Fuck I love you!" Dane kissed my neck. I was getting wet, but now wasn't the time.

"Okay, go." I kissed him one last time.

"Maybe sex will let some tension go." He told me, smirking.

"Well maybe we can go into a closet and I can get on my knees," I whispered in his ear and slid my arms down his chest. I bit my lip, looking at him.

"Owen will be fine. Other wives and kids are in there." He grabbed me before throwing us in a tiny closet.

"Get on your knees," he told me roughly.

"God I love when you talk dirty to me." I got on my knees.

I can't believe I gave head to Dane when he was about to play in the superbowl.

Coming to an end soon

Coming to an end soon... :(