23.

New Chapter

It was the next morning, I woke up with Dane's t-shirt over my naked body

It was the next morning, I woke up with Dane's t-shirt over my naked body. Thank God, because Owen came running in my room early this morning.

"Mom!" Owen tapped my shoulder, waking me up.

"Yes, honey?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. I could feel the soreness in my legs already. We barley did anything and I was already sore. I groaned and sat up, fixing my messy bed hair.

"Sue is up." Owen said. I looked at the clock, and the red numbers glared at me. 7:45 am.

"Okay, let me get ready." I said and yawned.

"Can I put the TV on?" Owen asked. I nodded my head. He cheered and ran back downstairs.

I rolled over and tapped Dane's cheek. He groaned and opened his eyes.

"What?"

"Get up" I said.

"Okay." He replied, rubbing his eyes with his fingers. I chuckled and got out of the bed. I got ready, brushing my teeth and washed my face. Then I got changed into sweats and a T-shirt. I was going to wear shorts, but I forgot to shave. Oops.

I walked out of the bathroom, Dane still sleeping. "Dane!" I yelled, throwing my pillow at him.

"Woman!" I laughed.

"Get ready." I said.

"Okay, kiss first." He said.

"After you brush your teeth." I said, walking out the door before he could pull me back to bed.

I walked downstairs and saw Owen and Sue sitting on the couch watching some cartoon show.

"Oh, Sue, you don't have to watch that!" I said, whipping my hand in the air.

"Oh, it's fine." She said, and I smiled.

"I should get going soon," she says.

"Okay, Dane should be down here soon. He just got up." I said, rubbing my arms to keep myself warm from the chilly living room.

Speaking of Dane, he walks down the stairs, more like runs. I get a good look at him, from the edge of the couch. He is wearing his pajama pants still; but now wearing a sweatshirt. His sweatshirt was barely zipped, showing off his eight pack. I gulped, memories of last night ran through my mind.

Dane smirks at me like he knows exactly what I'm thinking. I blush and look down at the floor. "How did you sleep?" Dane asked his mom as he sat down on the couch next to Owen. I sat down next to Dane, but giving Dane and I a little space, and drank my tea. I didn't want to sit too close to Dane with his mom around. But Dane thought the opposite, he grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him.

"It was good, thank you!" She replied. He nodded.

"What are you guys up to today?" She asked.

"Well, I have to run some errands." I said, I looked towards Dane, waiting for him to reply.

He explained, "I'm going to take Owen to my practice today. I've been promising him to take him." I smiled.

"Aww that's nice. Thank you guys for having me. Please text me about that game, I would love to go." She said, standing up.

We all stood up and said our goodbyes.

~

I arrived at the Grocery Store and got out of the car, grabbing a cart from inside.

I grab things for dinners and get some snacks. Once I'm done at the store, I decided to go to the book store too.

I go right to the Romance section and pick out a couple of books.

My phone dings indicating someone texted me. I look down at my phone, my stomach turns.

Hello thank you for applying to our surgeon program. We looked over your application and resume and you are a perfect fit. Please message us back, so we can set up an interview!

I take a deep breath before replying to set up an interview. I applied to a lot of jobs that I found on the internet. One got back to me.

Now I'm panicking!

~

We pull up to the field where my practice is taking place

"Alright Bud, ready?" I asked, getting out of the car.

"Yup!" He said, unbuckling himself and jumping out of his booster seat. I was excited and nervous, this was my first time taking someone to my practice. Since it was kids day, I had time taking him, but that meant a lot of media. 

Amelia said it was okay, but I didn't want the headlines saying something else. I knew he wasn't my kid, but he is like family to me. We have only known each other for a couple months, but I was falling for Ameila and I liked it. 

"Hey, who's this?" My teammates ask. 

"This is Owen everyone, everyone this is Owen." I introduce him to everyone. He recognized some from his party and some he didn't know. 

"Sup Owen." 

"Hey" 

Owen smiles and runs off with the other kids who are running on the field now. 

"So, I guess this relationship is turning into something serious?" My best friend asks, smirking.

"Yeah." I shrug.  

A/N: Hey guys! 

A/N: Hey guys! 

Hope you are enjoying the story.

Please Read!

- So, since school started again I'm way too busy and tired to be writing during the week so I can publish the chapters on Friday. 

I decided that I will be changing the update schedule to Saturday instead of Friday. That way I can write on Friday if I haven't done anything during the week. 

Thanks!