09.

Drunk Drivers

⚠️ Graphic Terms

I woke up warm. Not like sweating, kind of warm, but like good kind of warm where you never want to get out of bed, kinda warm. I hated that I had to get up and start my day. I would love to stay here in my warm bed, but that wasn't promised.

Wait a minute, why was my bed so warm? I thought to myself for a second. I opened my eyes and looked around. Owen was on my left and someone was on my right. My eyes widen. What did I do?

I looked next to me and found Dane sleeping, keeping his distance, but our legs were tangled together. I looked on Owen's side for my clock and found it was eight am. Time for me to get up and start this Sunday. I got out of bed slowly, trying not to wake anyone up.

I was successful and proud. A loud groan came from Dane, he twisted his body, his back facing me. That worried me, I thought he was about to wake up.

I opened my bedroom door quietly, and then I quickly closed it. Then I walked downstair to the kitchen.

Once I got to the kitchen, I made breakfast for them. I made pancakes, bacon, and potatoes.

Just as I hoped, the door opened, reveling a tired Dane and Owen. "Good morning," I smiled at them, setting their plates in front of them.

"Thank you," replied Dane. I smiled softly, showing my teeth.

"Thanks mom." Owen smiled tiredly. He wasn't a morning person at all.

We ate our breakfast, talking about random stuff. Like football (a hot topic in our house) school, and more football.

"I'd better get home now." Dane said as we were cleaning up breakfast. I knew he had to go, but I was still sad that he has too.

"Oh, okay. I'll get Owen ready, and then I can drop you off." I softly spoke. When I finished drying off the pot, I went upstairs to Owen's room. When I arrived, he was playing a board game.

"Hey, we have to drop off Dane. Get your shoes on, after we can go to the park." He nodded his head, rushing off his bed for his shoes, quickly putting them on. We walked downstairs, Dane sitting on the couch.

"Ready?" I asked, Dane nodded his head, shies on and phone in hand ready to go.

For some reason, I was upset that he had to go, but he didn't live here and we weren't together. It made me scared and nervous for Dane, because he lived by himself, at least I think he does, and he has nightmares.

We all get in the car, I buckle Owen in a car seat, and then I start to drive to the location Dane gave me. The ride to his apartment was silent, the only thing making noise was the radio. I was surprised that Owen wasn't talking, was he upset too?

When we pulled up in front of a glass apartment building, Dane thanked me and got out of the car. "Wait!" I said, unbuckling my seatbelt, I got out of the car and walked over to him.