24.

Big Game + Familiar Faces

A/N: Before we start. Please read! Sorry for updating late, I've been VERY busy. And please don't judge the way I write about Dane playing football. Anyways, enjoy reading!

It was game day. I was a little nervous because Dane's mom was with us and it was a big game for Dane. But I knew he could do it. He was really nervous, he barley slept last night, which made me not sleep. But at six am this morning he was up and going to practice with bags under his eyes. Me? I just went back to sleep.

That leads us to now, Sue, Owen, and I sitting in our close up seats at a big game. His first wildcard round. "What did you get?" Sue asked Owen who was chopping on his hot dog after he came back from the VIP food stand.

He chewed the bite then swallowed it replying, "A hot dog."

"Oh wow, yum. I haven't had a hot dog in who knows how long." Sue said, smiling, probably imaging eating a hot dog.

"Get one," Relpled Owen.

"I can't. I'm too old for hot dogs, I might have a heart attack after eating one." Sue chuckled. Owen laughed.

"I don't want to grow old." Owen said. I lightly nudge Owen.

"Owen!"

"It's okay, me neither." Sue replied.

The lights grew higher as it got darker outside. You can see the players warming up for the game. Some were doing stretches, while others were throwing balls. I looked for Dane he was throwing a ball back and forth between a couple other players. He looked smoking hot with his jersey and tight pants. His butt looked huge. I ran my tongue over my lips, imaging him naked.

"Are you excited?" Owen asked, interrupting the zone I was in.

"Yes! I've only ever watched him on TV, so this will be exciting." I smiled at that. She watched him on tv.

"Ladies and Gentalmal, get ready for our wild card round! Who will win?" One of the sports announcers spoke.

I clapped my hands and stood up like everyone else. The camera was put on Dane who was now on the big screen. He concentrated as he formed in the play.

Now I was nervous.

~

It was 21 to 7 us. It was now half time, so I decided to get myself a pretzel and an ice tea while Sue and Owen stayed at their seats. I was in line, scrolling through emails and answering messages. One was about my new job, I started it in a couple days. As each day goes on, I get more nervous and nervous. But I could do this, it was a new chapter for me.

I would be busier now instead of staying home, but I know that Owen would understand. He might have to start taking the bus. But we would adjust like we did all the time. And I couldn't ask Dane to help us, that's not fair. Owen isn't his child, so it wasn't his responsibility. I know that Owen feels like Dane is something special to him, but we couldn't get too attached. What if he realized that he was to young to want a family right now? His NFL career is just kicking off.

"Next!" The guy at the tablet called out.

"Hi can I get a regular pretzel and a small unsweetened ice tea please?" I asked. He nodded, typing it on the screen.

"13.50 is your total." Dang, it's expensive here. I handed over my card, he swiped it before handing me my card back. I waited over in the pickup area, my eyes looked over the entire stadium.

My eyes remain on the ones staring at me. They looked familiar, like someone I know, but I didn't know that much to say, Hey! Then it hit me. It can't be. He had brunette hair now his hair was blonde. I couldn't get too good of a look because he had a hat on and his hood was up. I'm just imaging things.

"Pretzel and Ice tea!" Someone called my ordered. I looked back at the stand and smiled at them before grabbing my stuff. I grabbed mustard and walked back to my seat.

"Hurry mom! Half time is almost over!" Owen shouted from his seat, as he twisted his body looking at me.

"Sorry! The line was long." I replied sitting down.

~
Halftime ended and the players came back, refreshed. I looked at Dane, but he was to busy looking at an Ipad, probably looking over plays.

I finished my pretzel about ten minutes ago and my ice tea was half gone. I would probably need to go to the bathroom soon, but I was too anxious to even think about it.

The players lined up, getting into their positions. The whistle blew, starting the play.

"Hut!" I heard Dane shout. The ball got thrown to Dane, he ran round the players. The defense blocked players for him as he ran towards the goal .

"Go Dane!" I shouted with the crowd. Chills ran through my body as he landed on the grass, scoring a touch down.

"Yeah!" We all shouted. I hugged Sue and Owen. Now it was 28 to 7.

~

We had one minute left in the game, it was 34 to 21 us. We practically won and I was so happy for Dane. He would definitely be getting something special when we get home. The players lined up again and the play started.

When the minute ran out, we all started cheering. We made it to the next round!

"Yes!" Sue yelled, louder than all of us. I was happy for Dane that his mother got to see him play in real life and not on the television.

The stadium started to clear up, but we stayed near the locker room, waiting for Dane. When he came out and saw us, he had a huge smile on his face.

 When he came out and saw us, he had a huge smile on his face

Hey guys! Just started an instagram account, please follow!

- (wattpad_unknown900)