01.

Meeting The Football Player

"Dr. Faith!" The nurse called me. I turned around, taking my bloody gloves off.

"We have a football player coming in, he passed out on the field, suffering a concussion." I nodded my head, rushing towards the emergency department.

Nurses and interns stand near the department, waiting for their next patient. It was like waiting for your prey to come, so you could call first dibs.

Loud noise and lights flash, the ambulance is here. The back of the truck opens, revealing our paramedics and patient. They take the patient out of the truck, rolling him over to us.

"Dane Brown, twenty seven years old, suffered a severe concussion to the head, and passed out." My paramedic informed me.

"Alright thanks, i'll take it from here." I said, grabbing my patient. Other eyed down the patient, we usually don't get football players, or anyone famous. We wheeled the man into a room. He opened his eyes and groaned.

"Where am I?" He asked, his voice was rough, like he hasn't talked in ages and just smoked twelve packs of cigarettes and eroded his lungs. He touched his head, regret flashed in his eyes.

"Hospital" I replied. I got closer, getting a better look of him. I looked into his eyes. They were a dark hazel, his jaw was sharp, short hair, and he had full lips.

He looks delicious.

I meantly want to slap myself for even thinking about a patient like that.

"Get him started on an IV, he will probably be dehydrated." I ordered one of my interns. As a doctor, you had to show no fear, I had to be demanding.

"Does anything else hurt?" I asked him. Touching his rough and full muscles, checking for any other injuries.

"No, just my head." He spoke again then groaned. I went over to the lights and lowered them.

"Nurse Jackie, can you set up a cat scan please?" I asked the nurse. She nodded and walked out of the room.

"We are going to do a cat scan to make sure you have no internal bleeding." I told him, writing in his chart that I grabbed.

"Fuck this hurts so bad." He groaned. My intern came in the room, set an IV up, then I gave him pain medication.

"The scan is ready." The nurse told me, opening the door.

"Okay, let's bring him in." We brought the patient in the room and took a cat scan.

"Okay, good no internal bleeding, just the concussion. Let's give him the medicine and set him up in the VIP suite." I told my staff. They all scattered around, doing what I told.

I went to check up on my other patients before I went to the break room for some coffee. I have been working for twelve hours now, so it was almost time for me to go home.