17.

Questions

I sighed once my body hit the warm water

I sighed once my body hit the warm water. God, I needed this so bad. I was so lucky to have Dane in my life, it seemed so perfect.

And that was the scary part, everything was too perfect and I'm scared.

Once I clean myself off from the rough day, I get dressed in different pajamas and walk downstairs to the kitchen.

"Mom, can I show you the picture I drew today? The teacher told us that we had to draw something important to us." Owen said, sitting on the Island chair.

"Sure, let me see." I said, smiling.

"I'll go get it!" He shouts, running up the stairs, almost tripping in the process.

I chuckle and walk over to Dane. I grab his chin, looking him in the eyes before smashing my lips to his.

He instantly wraps his arms around my waist. I run my hands through his hair.

Being in his arms made me forget about the world. He made me feel safe, like everything would be okay.

We pulled apart when we hear Owen running down the steps.

"Ready mommy!" Owen sat down on the island chair, setting the paper down.

I looked down at it and gasped. It was Owen and I at a park, but Dane was there this time, holding my and Owen's hand.

"Wow, buddy you're an amazing drawer." Dane said, ruffling his hair.

Owen smiled, looking at me. "What do you think Mom?" He asked.

"I think it's amazing and gets to be put on the fridge," I said, grabbing it and putting it on the fridge, smacking a magnet down on it that says Family.

"Mom can I invite Aidan over for a sleep over on Friday?" Owen asked.

"We'll see, I'll have to ask my sister." I say. I'm not sure how I will get through the rest of the week without having a job.

~

It was Friday, my sister said it was okay for Aidan to come over. When she dropped him off I told her about me quitting my job, but not the anonymous silly text I got.

"So is Dane here?" She asked, smirking from the Driver's seat.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "He said he will come after practice." I told her.

"What time is that?" She asks.

"Around seven or eight. They usually have team dinners once a month on Friday's." I tell her.

She rolls her eyes and sighs. "Fine, I'll be back around noon. Hubby and I will be having some time alone if you know what I mean." She says, smirking.

"Whatever, just don't make another baby." I tell her, laughing.

"Well it all depends how I feel in the moment. We haven't had sex in... I don't even know how long, so you're a life saver and it's so your fault if I get pregnant." I roll my eyes, flipper her off.