Chapter 52

ZANOKUHLE
Chapter 52

ZANOKUHLE

I told Nkosana about my aunt meeting some man and now she is preparing to go out with him, what if he is a killer or whatever? I am worried about her safety but she told me that I should let her live and she is not that old in her terms. She is just a few years away from pensioning, well I am saying that dramatically but you understand what I mean. 
The boys seemed to have behaved themselves and Nkosana said that he enjoys baby sitting them, I have fed them and changed them and now they are asleep in their little bed while I am forced to watch my aunt put on a fashion show for me after she went shopping with Mrs Mthimkhulu for something to wear. 
“Look at this one!”,she says and spins around for me in the dress she is wearing. 
“I will wear these boots with. Look at me”,she says as she spins around and I look at her wearing cream pants with a cream coloured shirt and her hair is still in its surviving state.
“You look nice aunty”,I say.
“I do look nice. I need to put my hair in a ponytail”,I stand up quickly.
“No aunty don't do that. I can ask someone to help you do your hair”,She frowns and turns to me. 
“Whats wrong with my hair?"
“You want to look nice right?”
“Yes, but I like my afro”,I wish I could give her some of my hair at this point.
“Okay I can help you style it well”,I say and she sighs.
“Okay do what you want to do but make me look cute”,She says. 
I sigh and nod my head. 
She quickly takes off her clothes and I look at how excited she seems to be about going on a date. My aunt has never been asked out on a date, dated a few men here and there but having a date? That wouldn't happen. 
She hasn't been with a man that we know off in a long time though. Maybe she does need to have some fun and I shouldn't worry about it. 
“ Let me go and cook”,she says and I nod my head and let her go.
She walks out of the room humming.
She is really excited about this little date of hers.

KHANYISILE

He replied, quiet quicker than I had expected or should I say that I really didn't expect him to reply to my message anytime soon but he did.
Last time I blocked him, I didn't think he would still have my number but it seems like he still has it. I am nervous though, a bit. Giving him an opportunity to speak and I to do so as well before we completely go our seperate ways is something I have been prolonging in doing. 
“Go, he is outside”,Tumi says and I look at her. 
It's the next day already and I am not really ready to go and see him.
“I am nervous”,I say and she sits up from her bed. 
“I get you but you have to face it”,She says and I sigh.
“Okay, let me quickly go before dad sees him”,she nods. 
“He is very fond of him”
I know, that's why I don't want him to see him. 
I quickly grab my phone and make my way out.
“Uyaphi?”,My mom asks.
“I am going outside”,I say and she gives me a look.
I quickly make my way outside and open the gate and walk across the road and he gets out of his car that moment. 
I feel my knees getting weak at the sight of him and my heart thudding much quicker than it should be. 
I stand just a few metres away from him and he looks at me and slides his hands in his pockets. 
“Hey”,He says and I swallow before I could answer him.
“Hi”,I say and he sighs and leans against the car while looking at me and I shy away from his gaze.
He looks good, very good I have to admit. 
I am not in his league anymore, I don't wear weaves, long heels and lashes with nails and have maintainance days instead I am just Khanyisile, the girl who once had dreams of being within the media space and were crushed when she couldn't land a proper acting gig in her life even after studying theatre for years,I look at him and remember the sacrifices he had done for my sister and I when bursaries pulled out from sponsoring us and we couldn't even have money to survive at res but he sure made a plan for us when he as well was trying to get his life together and now he did. Maybe he got tired of having an unemployed girlfriend who has been the same since his struggling days where his relatives fought with him and one day let him go from the family. 
I remember the days we would spend in this neighbourhood after I have came back from Varsity, he would ask me questions and I wouldn't stop talking and telling him the same things I have been telling him on the phone calls we would have when I was away and when his train on thought is lost and he is not hearing a thing I am saying. He would simply pull me closer to him and kiss my lips, making me stop from talking and we should share a kiss and he would look at me and say,“I can't keep up anymore”,And I would shy away because I know that I was talking too fast now. 
Those days when we would just do simple things that just made us...well, happy. 
He clears his throat.
“You look beautiful, as always”,He says and I slightly smile. 
“Thank you. You look great too”,I say and he smiles. 
I am wearing clothes I got while I was in Capetown with Zano. 
I clear my throat.
“I don't...want to...to waste your time. I would like to get on why I asked to see you”,I say and he nods his head. 
“I know,I don't know how to go about this, how to erase the mistake that happened. I devalued our relationship, our devotion and our commitment to each other all for something that wasn't worth it.No amount of sorries will ever erase that.”,he says and I nod my head. 
“It’s okay,I...I questioned myself for some time but I found that I wasn't at fault here. If there was something wrong with me you could've communicated with ....”
“There was nothing wrong with you. There is nothing wrong with you Khanyi”,he steps closer to me and I feel my knees getting weaker. 
His eyes on me as his body is just an inch away from mine. 
“Dont ever think there was something wrong with you. I was at fault and I regret everything I ever did to hurt you”,He says and he pulls out his hands from his pocket and I swallow as he places them on my waist.
“Please forgive me”,he says and I sigh.
“I have forgiven you, I don't know how to forget easily”,I say. 
I look at him.  He rests his forehead on mine and I close my eyes as I take in his scent.I don't want to lie, it feels good being in his arms. 
“Please give me a chance to prove myself to you again. Just one last chance baby”,He says and my heart beats fast.
“I-I-",I find myself out of words. 
“Please”
“Okay”,I breathe out. 
This! This is not how I thought this would go.I thought I would resist him and dump him for good but here I am in his arms in the middle of the street. Imagining him like he is not here already. 
“Thank you”,He pulls me closer to him and kisses my cheek.
Oh Khanyisile!