Chapter 33

ZANOKUHLE
Chapter 33

BHUNGANE

“Sanele is doing a little thank you ceremony next month”,Little? Anything that involves aunty Ntombi doesn't have little in it.  Even if her son plans it, once it goes through her ears it will be something big. 
We made it back to Cape town and we are in my house. Zano and I were busy cleaning before my mother called me to tell me that Sanele is planning on doing a ‘Little’,thank you ceremony.
I don't want Zano strained. I know my house has been deserted for some time and it needs the dust cleared here and there but a cleaning company could've been called and came in tomorrow of which I have already done but she wanted us to clean on our own.
Bonding in her terms. I would rather be stuck in the kitchen with her the most than to clean. This house is too spacious for me to be overworked like this but I do not want to upset her or the baby. 
The baby must be loving her though, she just glows different and I cannot stop looking at my woman.
“We have to go down to Gogo's house?”,I ask.
I am not really in the mood to be interactive with my family members.  My aunts with their drama and asking me when I am getting married and my uncle's dissing me on how I cannot even bag a woman and by the time they were my age they had already had settled and their children were a little grown. 
I cannot deny that but times have changed. Things have changed too. 
“Yes, what do you think? Gogo will be happy to see you all and especially you. She hasn't seen you in a while, atleast Luu and her husband visit her as much as they can”,Shade thrown at my side. 
“I don't want Tusani near Zano”,Another excuse to not be there. 
“Suck it up, its life they will bump into each other eventually. Nkosana stop making excuses. Your cousin needs you”,I sigh.
Well, I know some time soon he will call me to tell me about all of this.
I sigh and put my hand in my pocket defeated.
“Okay, I will come but I am not leaving Zano behind",I mention the obvious.
Maybe it's time I introduced her go my crazy family members. 
“That will be tricky. She will have to stay in a guest house during that period. We cannot disrespect her family like that”,She says and I frown.
“Mah”
“You know Mthimkhulu protocols Nkosana. I never slept at your father's family home until I was married and so as Zano and every Mthimkhulu wife there”,She says. 
“You know where I stand with her though, can't you talk to your husband to smother his parents?”
“And have Mkhulu June shouting at my man? No do it yourself. Actually do the right thing otherwise Zano stays at the guest house and joins in during the day only.”,I sigh in realisation of all of this. 
“You are making sense”
“Thank you”
“Okay, I will talk to Mkhulu and dad as well for the solution”,I say.
“Okay, I love you. Say hello to Zano and she should visit me tomorrow after school. I want us to go somewhere”
“Okay,I will pass on the message”,I say.
“Bye”
“Bye”,I hang up and turns away from the windows and make my way to the kitchen where I left Zano and I find her scrubbing the floors. I frown. How long have I been gone because I don't think that I have been gone that long. I get to her and pull her up with her waist and she looks at me. 
“Baby you shouldn't be overworking yourself, the baby and your body will be strained”,I say.
“I was just finishing up”,she says.
I pick her up from the floor and she drops the scrubbing brush she was using.
“I will mop the floor then we can make something to eat. You don't have to overwork yourself like that. ”
She gives me a sad face. In as much as I would like to fall for it but this time I will not. 
“Okay, I am hungry anyway”,I perk her little lips and nose.
“What do you want?”
“Chips and coke. The salt and vinegar flavour”,she mentions.
“That is a snack baby, don't you want some food?”,I ask.
“I do, I am hungry but I don't know what else I want”
“Okay, I will just order. Is that fine?”,I ask.
“Yes it is”
“Okay”,She asks me to put her down and I put her down. 
“Let me get my phone so that I can order for you”,she nods her head. 
I get my phone and start ordering for her. I just get some burgers and some sea food because I am not sure what she really wants so I want her to have some options. 
She takes a mop and just finishes up the floor with the mop and then puts everything where it should be.  
“Zano”,She turns to me. 
“Yes?”,I look at her.
My heart beating fast as I look at this woman. A bit of fear consumes me, I want her to be happy more than anything but I want her to be okay. I know she is not okay but she doesn't realise it as yet but that is all I want more than anything. 
“How about we get married?”,she lightly frowns. 
I feel like my heart is beating in my throat at that moment. 
“Get married? Like you being my husband and I your wife?”,she asks.
“Y-yes”, I feel a bit nervous. 
“But I am not working yet Nkosana, don't you want someone who is working to help you?”,She asks. 
“That can happen in its own time baby, I don't need help. I have everything for us and when you work you enjoy your own money and be proud of it”,I say and I see the frown fade slowly from her face.
“You don't want me to marry you because I am pregnant right?”,She asks and I chuckle.
“Even If you weren't”,I say and she slowly smiles. 
“Okay, wait we don't live together. We have to live together when we get married right?”
“Yes but for this year we can work things out."
“I will move with you”,She says before she starts screaming and I cover my ears. 
“Let me go and tell my friends”,She says as she rushes off and comes back again in the kitchen.
“Wait, when are we getting married?”,She says as she appears. 
“Whevever you feel comfortable”,I say. 
“On your birthday”,she smiles and comes to me and hugs me and I hug her back. 
“I love you my soon to be husband”,I chuckle as she kisses my cheek. 
“I love you too baby”,she lets me go and she goes off singing loudly and I watch her disappear. 
Maybe this is it, this is the start of something new.