Chapter 8

ZANOKUHLE
Chapter 8

The kitchen doesn’t feel crowded as I am cooking,the pots on the stove and also a sweet treat in the oven has me sitting down on the floor just to watch over it. What has happened recently just isn’t something that I am thinking of it much right now. I wish that I still had my phone but I can forget about having a phone anytime soon right now . Bhungane went to check on Refilwe and soon he said that he has to go somewhere. That somewhere is his club that he mentioned. So here I am seated in the kitchen. Atleast he gave me permission to use it when I needed to do something.
“What are you doing?”, I look towards the door and Refilwe walks in the kitchen. She looks very beautiful.
I keep my silence and look at her.
“Are you retarded or something?”
“What is retarded?”, I ask looking at her.
“Don’t you have parents or someone you can go home to?”, she asks.
“No, my home is in kzn”, I turn and look at the rising dough inside the oven.
She comes in further through the kitchen and looks at me.
“Don’t cook in this kitchen ever again. This is my man’s house and I will be the only one to do it. I will not let you do your tricks here”, I look at her.
Sadness clouds my heart.
“I like cooking”
“In your own house not here!”
“Bhungane said that I….”
“Ey, I don’t care what he said. He was dizzy so make sure you finish all of this and don’t cook here again”, she turns and walks out.
I look at her and turn back to the oven. The timer goes off and I stand up and take out the tray in the oven and I watch how it looks and it looks perfect. I close the oven and switch it off before I go and watch over the pots for a little bit before I move and I go and sit on the high chair. 

REFILWE

I am in my car, just vented to ,my friend about the discomfort of this new lady that Bhungane gets along with and I don’t want her in his house. I didn’t even know that Bhungane suddenly had female friends and that doesn’t sit well with me at all. I know that I am not dramatic and my friends have confirmed it and I feel like my feelings are also valid. So here I am on my way to the club hoping that I find him there and not him disappearing to somewhere that I do not know at all.
I get there and I park my car. These past 2 years together have okay, I am okay with the way we are because I get what I want too and I am taken care off as well so that is security to me. I wish that he could just propose and seal us together.
I know that sometimes some people ask me how I became his girlfriend and I would still not know. I think it must have been my mother’s prayers because I am not one to keep a man, more especially for this long. I like exploring, sharing is caring right? This has been the longest that I have stuck to one man and it shall all be worth it in the end.
I get out of the car after parking and I make my way inside and make my way to his office. I knock on the door and open it, he is seated there on his desk and this man just…this  man is just sexy for my liking. I like how his very dark skin compliments him too well and coming from money does contribute to someone looking really great.
“Refilwe”, he says.
No hi baby, or say Sthandwa sami in his language since I also call him moratiwa from time to time.
“We need to talk about your new friend. I am not comfortable with her”
“What do you suggest I do with her?”, he looks at me and I get closer to his desk and pull a chair and sit down. He gives me an intense stare. I clear my throat for a moment.
“Send her to her family, she should be her family’s problem not ours.”
“I understand your concerns and I will take her away from your sight”,he says and I am shocked the least. Did he just agree so easily?
“You mean it?”
“Yes, tomorrow she will be gone from your sight and you stay away from her sight too”, he says and I frown a bit.
“What do you mean by that baby?”
“So that she doesn’t make you uncomfortable. If you see her just keep your distance and I will tell her to keep hers away from you that way you are both happy”
I swallow. I mean that is fair.
“Okay, where will you take her? She said she doesn’t have a family”, he lightly frowns.
“I will take her home”, good. She must go back to kzn.
“Okay,thank you baby”, I stand up and walk to the door and he speaks behind me.
“Will I find you home?”, I was planning on going back to my apartment soon but not today.
“Yes”
“Okay”, I look at him as he goes back to work. I go towards him and give him a perk on his lips.
“I love you”, he nods and I walk  away from him.
I am glad he heard me out and that my feelings were considered too. That weird girl really has to leave.