Chapter 50

ZANOKUHLE

Chapter 50

“Your babies look so cute. I didn't expect for you to give birth to two kids. How did that feel?”,Tumelo asks me.  
Khanyisile is in the living room with the rest of the family gawking of the twins like they have never seen two humans before and my aunt also calling her precious new son, Nkosana and asking him a lot of questions that I wouldn't even answer them like when is he planning on having more kids with me? Kids? Is she okay? I think I am done with the boys and I won't be pregnant anytime soon. God please don't make me pregnant anytime soon. I don't want to have 4 kids.
“I didn't expect it, I was surprised and shocked mostly and scared too”,I say and she giggles.
“You seem okay now.”
“Yeah, I am trying to be an okay mom”,I say.
She is washing the plates that we will use. 
I didn't expect to cook for this many people but my friends are on the way and Mrs Mthimkhulu wanted to be the one to cook but I refused.They are my friends so I will have to prepare for them. 
They are coming with their husbands. I am not sure about their kids but they seem to be coming with their husbands. 
“Should I set this up on the table?”,Tumelo asks and I nod my head yes. 
She picks up the plates that she has washed and dried and goes to set it up on the table. 
She comes back and I look at her. 
She looks just like me and I cannot believe it. Khanyisile is a bit noticable that we don't look alike but her? She looks like me. 
“How is your mother?”,I ask and she has a shock on her face.
“And father?”,I ask and she is still shocked.
“Did I hear you right?”
“Yes”,I say.
“Don't let aunt Gugu hear you asking about that woman”,I laugh and she joins in. 
“She is fine. My dad is okay, he would like to meet you but he doesn't want to invade your space”,She says and I nod my head. 
“I would like to meet him. I have nothing against him, he is your dad”,I say and she is shocked.
“Zano what happened?”,she touches my forehead and I remove her hand.
“I am okay”
“I didn't think being a mom can change you like this.”,She says. 
“I know but I being angry at someone will not help me plus I can't be angry for long”,I say and she nods. 
“So that means you might slightly like mom in the future?"
“Oh no, that ship has sailed. I still don't like her”,She shakes her head while laughing.
She then hugs me suddenly and I am caught off guard.
“I love you Sisi”,she says. 
I feel butterflies rest in my stomach. 
I end up hugging her too.
“I love you too”,I say and we stay in that position for some time before we break the hug and I kiss her lips and she giggles. 
“When I get rich, I will take you and Khanyi with me and we will live in Capetown with the boys and Nkosana”,she laughs.
“You are practically married now so you live with your little family.”,she says and I realise then that I actually have a family of my own now. A little one. 
She takes the glasses and moves them. 
I finish up with the food preparations and we move everything to the table and everyone is busy listening to my aunt talking while Mrs Mthimkhulu adds in here and there.  Nkosana and his father are by the little balcony here chatting it up there. I guess the ladies bore them. Khanyi is exchanging the twins between her hands.  
A knock comes from the door and I attend to it and I go and open it and the first person I see is Nomvelo with her husband followed by Happy and her husband.
“Haibo Makoti. You look so good. How are you?”,She asks as she hugs me. 
“I am well, I have a surprise for all of you!”,I say and hug the other ladies.  
Nomvula touches my stomach and she gasps lightly and she pushes me aside.
“Where is it?”,She asks as she goes inside and we all follow.
“Why is she running inside?”,,Nomvelo asks.
“She beats me sometimes”,Lange says and they all come inside and the ladies scream. 
“Haibo Zano! Shut the front door you gave birth?To twins?”,Happy takes the one in aunt's hands and sits next to her while the twins gawk over the other. 
The husband's just greet and my aunt stands up with a wide smile on her face. 
“Bakhwenyana bakwami. Eyi ngaze ngajabula ukunibona(My son in laws, I am so happy to see you)",She says as she gives each one of them a hug. 
Mr Mthimkhulu and Nkosana come back inside the living room.
“Where are my grandchildren? They should come and visit me in December in Lady Smith all of them and so are you.”,She says.
Haibo since when my aunt has so many son in laws. 
They look at each other.
“We will mah”,Thulani says and she nods her head. 
“Phela you are all my kids now.”,She says. 
Who told my aunt that I have already given birth? I think Mrs Mthimkhulu is the one because I don't remember calling her. 
She is busy talking to her son in laws while the girls are over the kids and playing with them.
“You have twins. See, you won't faint now”,Nomvelo says and they laugh.
“I won't.My water broke because a chicken was chasing me”,I say and they all look at me and frown.
“You gave birth because of a chicken?”,Nomvula asks and I nod my head. 
“Never thought things couldn't get any weird",She says. 
“I am so happy! I also have an announcement but I don't want to take it away from the boys”,Happy says and her eyes are beaming.
We all look at her.
“Tell us, they will live”,I say.
Now I am interested in whatever she wants to say.
“I..I am pregnant”,The ladies scream in excitement and I join them and we calm down. 
“Oh my, I am so happy for you!”,Nomvelo says and hands the baby to me and Nomvula takes the baby off my hands and holds it. 
They share a hug.
“Yeah, I am happy too. I can't wait until I hold the baby in my arms”,She says. 
“If it is a girl, she will marry one of these cute handsome boys”,Nomvula says and they laugh.
“Or both”,I say and they laugh. 
“I will take your word for it Zano”,We laugh. 
“Let's eat guys, I am sure you are hungry because I am”,I say and the girls give the boys to their grandmother's and my aunt is not keeping quiet. There is never a time I wish she had a man to keep her busy like right now. 
Happy's husband recieves a call and he shows his wife and she nods her head before he excuses himself and he goes outside to answer it.
We start with the dishing up and after some time he comes back and talks to Nkosana who comes to me. 
“Baby, can we accomodate one more person?",He asks.
“Yes, who?”
“Jabulani's brother just flew in and since Jabu’s mom is here too he doesn't want to be stuck left with her.”
“He has siblings? why did I think he was the only child”,I shake my head and he chuckles.
“Yes, with his dad and step mother but he is the only child from his biological mother”,He says and I nod my head. 
“That makes so much sense.”,I say and he nods his head.
“Okay.”,He kisses my cheek.
“I love you”,He says and I giggle.
“I love you too Baba wa bafana”,he laughs.
That's how his family called us since I gave birth. They just disregarded that I have a name and started calling me mawa bafana.