BHUNGANE

I run my hand on my face and sigh just after the phone call, an unexpected one for that matter. I had to leave Cape Town so quickly and I didn’t even know how long I would be staying here but it seems like I am staying for longer for that matter and to make things a bit worse is that Refilwe is here and it is not helping.
She insisted on her coming here with me but I know that she just wanted to lurk around Sandton because that is what  she has been doing since we came here.
I am here in my apartment. I have one just for when I come here and I do frequently come here a lot because I have business with my business partners and it needs us to keep our records clean at all times. Yes it has been a bit tricky for the past few years since we decided to work together but we have been able to do it. More especially from any police.
I have been burying my self in my work in one of the spare rooms that I turned into a small study for when I need to work in here. I am very good when it comes to numbers and being able to audit any books. That is what I am mostly used for when it comes to the business we are doing. It’s legit, trust me it all it is just the money that is used to generate these businesses didn’t come off as clean and we are doing that, cleaning money for years without any trace. Cleaning a large sum like R 24 Million is going to take time if we do things right and it will take years too.
A knock surfaces from my door and I look up, shout a “Come in”even though I am not ready to hear Refilwe rant about how much her and her friends should go to a certain place or she wants me to spend some time with her. We tried it before, we don’t enjoy it. We both do not and we thought we should just let each other be but still be faithful and committed to what we have.
I am getting old, my best friend is married and my parents have been asking me about kids. More especially my father and I also have been thinking that Refilwe and I should get married. 2 years has been long and I need to know what I want to make out of this woman.
“The Hawks are to investigate Lange and the company soon.”, Jabu says and I get up from my seat.
“What happened? I made sure that all the books are in correct order and I thought that Thulani also assured that everything is going okay with the dealership.”
“There have been a high amount of car hijacking in the past months and they think it’s him”, I cuss under my breath.
“I told him to stop purchasing more cars he is not sure of”,he looks at me and I pace up and down. My phone rings and I answer it.
“What is it?”
“Miss Ngubo wants to talk to you”, I sigh and I hear that.
I am waiting in anticipation of what she will say. We spoke earlier and she hung up on me before I could say anything further. I love talking to her and just hearing what she has in mind and I also missed her too. I know she did too.
“Give it to her”,Jabu watches as I say that.
“Nkosana”
“Mama, what’s wrong?”, I have to calm down just so that she can speak to me.
“What are you going to get for me when you come back?”
“Anything you want”, I say.
“I want a mixer, a beautiful one”, she says and I frown a bit.
“A cake mixer?”
“Yes”, she says softly.
“Okay, I promise I will. okay?”
“Okay, bye”, she hangs up on me again.
“Is it that crush of yours?”
I frown as I look at him and my frown fades a bit after that.
“She is not my crush, we are really good friends with Zano”
He looks at me intensely and I look right back at him.
“What?”
“The only female friend you have. I was your only friend before”
“People change”
“She makes you happy it seems”
“I just enjoy her company, she is not boring like you and she is not married too”, I say and move away from him going to the door.
“I am going to Lange’s house. Call Thulani about this, we need to find a way to make sure that when his accounts get frozen they have something to survive while under investigations and also that the other businesses don’t get touched.”
“Sure”, I walk off. I send Refilwe a message telling her that she shouldn’t wait up for me if she doesn’t find me here.
I don’t know how long Jabu and I will be out there for. Lange is careless sometimes. No wonder his wife has him by the balls at times. She is sucking his senses out.