Volume 8 Chapter 12: Risk

(Play Opening)

The entrance to one of Atlas’s underground subways is being circled by Grimm. We then see the inside of the subway, where the people of Atlas overhear Ironwood’s voice from the broadcast.

Ironwood: If anyone tries anything other than what I’ve ordered, Mantle is gone.

On the billboard of a tall building, circled by Grimm, Ironwood’s message to Penny Polendina is being played.

Ironwood: You have one hour to respond.

Inside a mine in Mantle, many people, including Fiona’s Uncle, are listening and reacting to the speech with shock and fear. In the background people were moving and taking care of the injured while two people were carrying a limp body to a cot as red hair was flashed before being moved.

Ironwood: I hope you live up to the title I gave you.

Fiona, who was listening to the broadcast on her Scroll, drops it and begins to cry. Joanna and May embrace her to try and comfort her.
_________________________________________

Ironwood and Winter are walking down a corridor. Two guards emerge from one of the side paths and, upon noticing Ironwood, salutes them while doing their best not to look Ironwood in the eye. Their reaction is noticed by Winter, who chose not to comment.

Somewhere else in the base, the Ace-Ops are seen talking with each other.

Elm: Of course he’s not going to do it.

Marrow: So what, he’s bluffing? With the whole city?

Vine: It may finally push the kids to see reason.

Harriet: Who cares?

A door opens behind them to allow Ironwood and Winter access to the room. The Ace-Ops line up and stand at attention.

 The Ace-Ops line up and stand at attention

Ironwood: Good, you’re here. I need a squad of drones in standby to drop the payload.

Winter’s eyes widen in surprise.

Winter: Sir, what for?

Ironwood: I believe I was clear in the broadcast. If they give me a reason, I’m gonna remove Mantle from the equation.