Volume 8 Chapter 6: Amity

(Play Opening)

The opening ends as Ozpin’s voice speaks from the nothingness just as Oscar begins regaining consciousness.

Ozpin: Oscar? Don’t panic. We’re going to be okay.

Oscar is looking at his feet, which are hovering above the ground.

Oscar: Uh, what?

Oscar looks up to see fleshy walls, bone spikes, a bone staircase and a membrane door. Standing in the shadows of the doorway is Salem with a cloud of smoke hovering above her hand.

Salem: My long-lost Ozma, found at last.

The smoke forms shapes of her daughters, all running in a circle and giggling. As Salem turns her head to look at Oscar, the smoke dissipates. Oscar’s eyes widen, and he looks around and begins struggling. The Hound is holding him in the air by the back of his coat’s collar. Salem walks over to him.

Salem: So small, this new host of yours

Salem: So small, this new host of yours. It’s a wonder my Hound didn’t break you. It’s been how many years since we saw each other like this, face to face? And nothing to say?

Oscar adopts Ozpin’s speaking mannerisms as he responds to her.

Oscar: I’m sorry the reunion isn’t living up to your expectations.

Salem suddenly grabs Oscar’s face, her own face wrinkling slightly with a furious glare.

Salem: You can pretend, boy, but you’re not fully him. Not yet, at least.

She relaxes and lets go of him with a sigh.

Salem: Well, perhaps you and I can have a better working relationship. Oscar, was it?

She begins walking around The Hound.

Salem: The Beacon Relic. My forces have been unable to locate the Relic beneath the school. If I know my Ozma, he has used some means of deception to hide its location differently than the others.

She stops next to Oscar and smiles at him, scratching The Hound’s shoulder.

Salem: I need to know where it is.

Oscar: I... That’s not something I know about.

Salem stops and walks away.

Salem: Of course. He would keep that one guarded as long as possible.

Oscar sighs, and Salem stops at the other end of the room.

Salem: How about something easier, then? The password for the Lamp.

Oscar pauses for a moment, his eyes dart down then back up.

Oscar: The Lamp is all out of questions.

Salem turns to face Oscar and smiles, before summoning a black orb of magic in front of her. The orb sends out a rainbow of magic beams, all converging on Oscar’s chest, causing him to scream out and writhe in agony.