Volume 8 Chapter 11: Ultimatum

(Play Opening)

Ironwood overlooks the City of Atlas from his office.

Manta airships fly by

Manta airships fly by. Someone is heard clearing their throat.

Atlas Commander: Sir, we have confirmation that Doctor Watts has escaped military headquarters with the assistance of Cinder Fall. We do have Jacques Schnee in custody...

Ironwood: I don't give a damn about Jacques Schnee. What about the other two?

The pair of Atlas officers stand at attention with nervous looks on their faces. Sweat drips down the side of the commander's face as she addresses the remaining prisoners statuses.

Atlas Commander: Sir, Branwen and Hill have... evaded capture.

As she says this, Atlas soldiers are shown scouring the wreckage of Cinder’s break-in to retrieve Watts. A soldier lifts up some debris revealing a crow, which flies into the air before transforming into Qrow, who tackles the soldier to the ground.

Atlas Commander: But we are monitoring every exit, so they must still be inside the compound.

Another soldier lifts up some debris, revealing Robyn. She lifts her head up as the soldier points his gun at her.

Atlas Soldier: Hands up! We're moving you to another...

As he says this, Qrow chokes out a nearby soldier before bringing up his fist to punch the soldier holding Robyn at gunpoint.

Back in the office, Ironwood angrily slams his left fist on his desk.

Ironwood: Damn it!

He huffs angrily before composing himself.

Ironwood: Search everywhere for them. Do not return to this office until you have Qrow Branwen in custody.

Atlas Commander: Of course, sir.

The pair of officers salute before leaving. Ironwood turns around to look outside the large window again. He sighs as he brings his fingers up to his ear to talk into his comlink.

Ironwood: What's the status of our...

Suddenly, a series of bright flashes occur outside his window, before a massive explosion is seen engulfing Monstra.