Volume 5 Chapter 14: The more the merrier

(Play Opening)

After the opening, the full moon illuminates the night sky above Haven Academy. On the school grounds, Qrow takes the lead as the currently present members of Team RWBY, all of Team JNPR, two members of Team HSRM, with Mercury, Timothy, and Oscar following close behind. Ruby stops and looks up to admire Haven's CCT tower, before following the rest of the group to a nearby building.

They enter the building and are greeted by Lionheart, who is standing on a terrace at the top of the stairs that is being held up by a statue of a woman in chains

Lionheart: Why hello. Thank you for... coming. There... seems to be more of you than last time.

Qrow and the rest of the group stop to look up at Lionheart.

Qrow: Eh, you know what they say, "The more the merrier". So what's going on with the council?

Lionheart: Why... did you bring your weapons?

Qrow: What? Leo, we're Huntsmen. You okay?

Lionheart: Of course! Of course, sorry. Just haven't had my evening coffee.

Qrow: Look, it's nice to see you, but we got work to do. Are we getting support from the council or not?

While the two talk, Yang notices from the corner of her eye a black bird perched on a balcony railing.

Yang: Mom?

Everyone's attention is turned to the bird. It flies away just as Qrow shoots at it, but he misses. The bird flies down behind Lionheart, transforming into Raven Branwen, donning her mask. Everyone glares at her.

Ruby: Raven...

Nora: They... they really are magic...

Raven: If you're going to shoot me, shoot me. That was insulting.

Qrow: What are you doing here?!

Raven takes off her mask while walking down the stairs.

Raven: I could ask you the same thing. You've been scheming, little brother. Planning to attack your own sister.