Becca

As I watched the sisters fall asleep together I can't help but wonder how she was still alive. The crash alone put her body through hell, but the bite should have killed her. Her sister on the other hand had a few injuries but nothing life threatening. I step away from the entrance to the medical tent and walk towards Ikaros who is waiting by the medical garden. His features soften as I tell him she's still breathing and he lets out a long sigh.

"Is she awake?"

"Her and her sister just fell asleep, but she's in a lot of pain. I honestly have no idea how her heart is still beating." I say as we sit on a bench nearby. He takes my hand as I tell him everything and how it isn't possible for her to still be alive. He nods for me to continue, but quickly stands as his posture goes ridged. His ears perked up and his spine straightens as his skin splits open to reveal beautiful tan colored wings.

"Stay here." He says before taking flight to whatever sound he had heard. I get up and head to the medical tent and try to do some inventory when I noticed glass shards on the floor near the sisters. I knew that Tyler had glass still in her arm that her sister couldn't retract without cutting vital arteries but the rest were sitting in a container nearby. I walk around to her bandaged arm to find rips in it, so I started unwrapping it to reveal clean and undamaged skin. I couldn't believe my eyes, so I checked the spot on her chest to find the cut her sister made. Right before my eyes her stitches unraveled themselves as the cut slowly started mending itself back together. I watched fascinated as the cut healed and scarred right into a perfect small line. I quickly grabbed the unraveled and used stitches and threw them away and headed across the field and deeper into the woods to the secluded library. Whatever those girls are they definitely aren't human.