Ikaros

"We need to go to my village." I told Tyler as she helped me up. I stood on weakened legs and waited on her answer.
    " Your village? Do you have a doctor?" She asked me with a southern accent.
    " Sort of, more like healers." She gave me a confused look but before she could ask what I meant we could hear high pitched screeching. My face paled as I grabbed her right hand and made a beeline for the forest.
"What the hell was that?" Tyler yelled as we ran towards the path to my village.
"Long story!" I yelled back out of breath.
"We'll give me the shorter version!" She yelled evenly as if running was nothing but a mere nuisance.
"Danger!", was all I could shout back without wheezing.
"No, really?" She sarcastically whispered under her breath, making me roll my eyes and a smirk to grace my lips. "There through those trees!" I yelled as we both picked up our pace and headed into the forest. Our strides longer and more adrenaline pumping through our veins as we neared a clearing but not before a blur of movement knocked the wind out of me and landed me on my back.
"Ikaros!" Tyler screamed and ran to my side but it was to late. She was thrown away from me and landed a few feet away unmoving.