Chapter 35

-Friday, May 25-

*Amelia's POV*

We made it to finals, and I was so excited. Game started at 4. My mom told me that her family was going to come see me.

"You ready for today, princess." Dad told me.

"You bet I am." I told him all pumped. Jacob and Gio came by with Mia before the game. I was next to Jacob.

"Wait, so are you going to state Jacob?" Mia asked him.

"Yeah, we actually have semifinal next Monday." Jacob told her. Mom came in with some snacks, and we thanked her.

"We should do a double date." Gio suggested.

"Next Friday?" I suggested, and everyone agreed.

We left the house around 2:40 since coach wanted us there at 3. We did warm up, and soon we started the game. This team is really competitive and aggressive. Everytime their forward got the ball, I easily got it, but their defenders were tough to beat. I passed it to Zoe who shot it, but a defender blocked it.

"I bet you're a starter because of your parents." The girl I took the ball away from told me.

"Yeah and are you the coaches daughter?" I responded back. I got back into the game but the girl wouldn't stop bothering me. She kept stepping on me.

"Hey ref, that's the third time she does it." I told the central ref. "Keep an eye on 8." I told him.

"I got it, you worry about yourself." He told me. Stupid referee. 1st half ended, and the coach started making some changes.

*Scarlett's POV*

My parents and Hunter joined to watch Amelia's game. State final, can't believe it. Jacob and Gio were cheering so hard.

"Number 8 is causing her problems." My mom told me.

"I know, as long as she doesn't get hurt." I told her. Second half started. 10 minutes in, Amelia got the ball and ran with it.

"Come on, Amelia." All of us shouted. I saw number 8 behind her and sliding and tackling Amelia from behind. A loud scream was heard.

"That's a red card." Chris shouted. The ref ran and gave number 8 a red card. Amelia was holding her ankle. Should I go down. Before I could say something, Chris was running and skipping steps.

*Amelia's POV*

The coach told me to start running with the ball in order to create some space. Second half started and 10 minutes later, Mia passed me the ball. I ran with it and suddenly felt a sharp pain in my ankle. I fell to the ground from the pain. I couldn't help but shout. Stupid number 8. Beth and Tom sprinted to me.

"Please tell me I'm okay." I said. Tom started to grab my ankle, and it hurts so much. "Stop it." I told him.

"Amelia you can't play." Beth told me.

"What happened?" I heard my dad.

"Dad." I said trying to hold my tears.

"Do you think you could pick her up?" Tom asked him. Dad scooped me up and carried me to the sidelines. They started doing some quick test. The game resumed and dad held my hand. Not even 10 minutes, the other team was cheering.

"No." I said angrily. "Put me back." I pleaded and dad gave me a hug. I broke down in tears that I can't do anything. I felt useless.

"She most likely tore a ligament in her ankle." Beth said. Tom went inside to grab some crutches. I turned to watch the game and I couldn't believe it. The game ended and we lost. I made sure to still thank the girls for the efforts but we were bummed out. I still congratulated the opposing team except for 8. Zoe came up to me.