Chapter 16

-Monday, March 6-

*Amelia's POV*

Today I woke up at 5 in the morning. I decided to do some workout to keep my thoughts distracted. I went to the backyard and after my routine I decided to focus on working some soccer skills. I wanted to try something new. A rainbow and then a cut. I got the rainbow part but I kept tripping myself. After 5 minutes, I managed to not trip myself but I stepped on the ball and fell.

"Stupid ball." I shouted and threw the ball to I don't know where. I laid down to take a breather. I suddenly felt the ball touch my shoe and I sat up and saw Scar looking down at me.

"Don't tell me you're giving up?" Scar asked me. I looked away and didn't respond.

"Forget it. It's useless. Stupid trick anyways." I said looking at the grass. I suddenly felt a soft kick against my shoe. "Hey what was that for." I said looking at her.

"For you to get up. Because I know my own daughter is not a quitter." She told me. "Come on." She said. I stood up and she gave me the ball and giving me an encouraging smile. I decided to give it one more try. I got the rainbow and then I pushed the ball a bit forward and made a cut, I then went and kicked the ball.

"Yes, I did it." I said running to give Scar a hug. When I hugged her, I realized how short she is.

"Why do you have to be tall?" Scar asked me.

"Because Chris is tall and I got his tall genes." I told her. "You still got Rose." I reminded her. We decided to go inside and I made myself a coffee, smoothie and some water.

"Why do you need 3 drinks." Scar told me.

"One is for energy, other for hydration and the other is for vitamins." I said. I finished my breakfast and went to get ready. It was 7 and Rose was waking up. Chris was already downstairs. Jacob was 5 minutes aways, so I went and sat on the couch next to Scar who was on the computer. Chris was eating breakfast with Rose. I had to call my younger brother.

"Morning Estebancito." I told him.

"Why you calling?" He questioned me.

"Lu texted me yesterday that you are having some trouble." I told him.

"That little..." he started.

"Hey, better watch your mouth if I were you." I warned him. Scar turned to me but I ignored her. "I've been in a similar situation and since I'm not 18, I can't take you from school. However, me and Jacob are going to drive by your school and you are going to ditch." I told him.

"Seriously." He said. "Wait, aren't they going to call dad?" He asked.

"Me and Luis put our phone numbers as the phone to reach us. And Luis is serving and I won't answer. That simple." I told him.

"Thank you." He told me sincerely. "I'm going to 1st hour, which is gym so just text me. Bye." He said and hanged up.

"Ditching seriously. You encourage that to your younger siblings." Scar said shocked.

"If it's for mental health then yeah." I told her.

"Have you ever ditched?" Scar asked me just then I heard a car honking.

"Don't want to keep Jacob waiting. Bye." I told her. "Bye Rose and Chris." I said and walked out. I got in and Jacob started leaving the driveway.

"Where to?" Jacob asked me.

"My brothers middle school. We're picking up Estebancito." I told him. As we headed to the middle school he told me about his trip to Hawaii. We got to the middle school and I texted my brother.