Chapter 4

-Tuesday, February 14-

*Amelia's POV*

I woke up at 4:30 in order to make something for Rose's class. I changed and went down to the kitchen. By 5:15 I was already making the dough, it took me some time to find all the stuff, but I found them. It didn't take long before I placed the dough in the oven in order to bake. I was going to make some pineapple empanadas which is a really good dessert. I was also bored, so I made a jar of lemonade. School starts at 7 in the morning, so Jacob was coming at around 6:25.

"Thought I heard someone." I heard and I turned to see Scarlett sitting in front of the island. "Seriously no jump scare." She added.

"Why would I jump?" I asked.

"Nevermind...what are you doing?" She asked me.

"Thought I could make something for Rose. Also, it's now almost 6 and school starts in an hour. So I'm up at this time." I told her.

"How do you manage?" She asked me.

"Coffee and energy drinks." I told her.

"That's not good for you." She told me as she walked at the oven. "They look delicious." She said.

"They taste delicious. Also, before I forget, I'm not coming home until maybe 6 or 7 in the afternoon." I told her.

"Why?" She asked.

"Me and Jacob are hanging out." I told her and she raised her eyebrow.

"Is he your boyfriend?" She asked.

"Nope just my guy best friend." I told her. She looked at me as if not believing a word I said. "Stop staring at me like that. I'm not lying." I told her. Just then my phone alarm went off and I took the empanadas out.

"Fine, but text me, I don't want to be worrying." Scarlett warned me.

"Got it." I told her. I went on my phone to go through tiktoks. It didn't take long for Jacob to text me saying that he is outside.

"Alright, I'm leaving bye. Ciao." I told Scarlett.

"Have a great..." she started but I was already out.

"Come on." Jacob told me.

*Scarlett's POV*

I didn't get to tell Amelia to have a good day. I turned to the empanadas that she made and the lemonade as well. She's a great person. Humble like Chris for sure. I still had some time until I took Rose to school. Rose starts school at 8, so around 7 she wakes up. I decided to call my mom.

"Hi honey how are you?" She asked.

"I'm good. Actually mom, you busy this weekend? Rose wants to spend time with you." I said.

"You are free to come. I'll even call your siblings." She added. We kept talking for a while. I soon realized I had to go so I said goodbye before getting breakfast ready. It was now 7:15 and Rose was coming downstairs.

"Woah who made these?" Rose asked.

"Amelia decided to make them for your class and she also made lemonade." I explained to her.

"Can I thank her?" Rose asked.

"Maybe later when you see her in the afternoon." I told Rose. I put on some Paw Patrol for Rose. I soon drove her to her school and helped her bringing the food in.

"Bye mommy." Rose said.

"Bye baby, enjoy your day." I told her giving her a kiss in the forehead. I drove back to my house, expecting Chris to be sleeping.