Chapter 25

-Wednesday March 22-

*Amelia's POV*

I'm so tired and miss playing soccer. I woke up at 5 in the morning. I quietly snuck to the backyard and started practicing my soccer skills. Next week dad's family is coming. And on Sunday, Alex sadly leaves because he has school.  I know the doctor said to wait on soccer but I couldn't wait.

"You're not supposed to be playing." I heard Alex.

"What do you expect?" I told him.

"Why do you wake up so early?" He asked me.

"Nightmares." I told him. I can't keep secrets from him. "I've been getting bullied and on top of that, my mom's death just repeats on my head." I explained. He reached into his pockets and pulled a cigarette box out.

"Come on. Scarlett is probably sleeping." He told me. I took one out and he did the same. He lit mine and then his. Man does this help. We sat down and smoked. This feels wrong. The sun started rising so we put the cigarettes out and placed them in a plastic bag.

"Thanks." I told Alex.

"No problem." He told me. "Can I beat your bullies up?" He asked.

"Sadly no. I got it." I told him. I pondered looking back at my past. "I miss Mexico." I said out loud.

"Who doesn't?" He responded.

"I started looking into the people who took me." I admitted. And Alex turned to me. "I started researching and I feel like I'm getting somewhere." I started saying.

"Ia, stop adding stress to yourself." He warned me. Just then the sliding door opened.

"Morning you two." Mom said.

"Morning." Me and Alex said to her. She came and gave me a kiss on my head.

"Why are you two always up before me?" She asked and we shrugged our shoulders. We got inside and spent our day as a family.

-Friday March 24-

It was currently 3pm and I was hanging out with Jacob.

"What are you thinking?" He asked me.

"I just want to know who was the one that separated me from my parents." I told him.

"Lia, we already talked about this. It's in the past. There's nothing you can't do." He told me.

"What if I don't want to. What if it happened to other people huh?" I responded.

"You're overreacting on this situation." He said back to me.

"The fuck is wrong with you." I said frustrated.

"Why the fuck are you screaming at me. It's not my fault you don't want to accept the truth." He told me. I stood up.

"No, you don't know what this means to me." I told him.

"What it means to you? You're just adding more problems to yourself. And you know I'm right." He said standing up.

"You are not..." I started speaking but he cut me off.

"Think what you're going to say. Because you don't always say the smartest thing." He added.

"Fuck you Jacob." I told him and left his house slamming the door. I called Alex to pick me up.

*Jacob's POV*

I think me and Amelia were stressed but I might've gone overboard. I'll give her some space. I probably messed up. I went to my backyard to clear my head. I let out a scream. I was frustrated but I had to put myself in Amelia's shoes.