Ch.29 Brother...

It was a quiet night in the Beifong household. The sun was soon to rise as Toph was sneaking back into her bedroom after fighting a match in the Underground. She quickly cleaned herself of any dirt and dust that collected on her clothes as she got ready for what little sleep she could get.

"Another night, another win for the Blind Bandit." She chuckled as she undid her hair, letting it fall over her shoulders. A wisp of air blew passed her window, ruffling the curtains.

"Toph..." an ethereal voice came from behind her.

The young girl was immediately on the defensive, spinning around and assuming a defensive stance. But she felt no one. No vibrations around her.

"What the...?"

"Follow..." The voice rang out again, down the hall. Toph slowly made her way out of her room, following the voice.

"I'm gonna wreck whoever is doing this." Toph gritted her teeth. She followed the erie voice until she reached a familiar door. The door her mother told her to never enter. Toph reached for the door handle, only for the distinct click of the door being unlocked echoing out just before she touched it. She swallowed a lump in her throat and pushed the door open.

While having never been inside this room until now, she was familiar with at least a few objects through her seismic sense. A dresser, a desk, and an armor stand with what she could only assume was being used for armor.

She grew curious about the stand and reached out for it, expecting to feel the cold metal of armor. But instead she felt soft fabric and intricate needlework, as if it was recently sewn together.

"What is going on?" Toph took a firm hold of the fabric and jolt went through her arm, knocking her to the ground.

~~~~

Y/n bolted upright, breathing heavily. It was still dark out, the sun just barley reaching over the horizon.

"What the hell?" He was sweating profusely and his breath was ragged. The others were still asleep. He got to his feet and walked away from camp, looking up at the moon. "Toph?"

~~~~

Toph ran back to her room, slamming the door behind her. She leaned against it, sliding down until she sat on the floor.

"I.. I... I saw it.. I saw the sky.." Tears rolled down her face as a smile crept onto her lips. "I saw... I saw the moon..."

~~~~

The morning came for the gang and as they got ready to head out, Katara noticed that Y/n was staring off.

"Y/n, are you alright?" Katara asked.

"I know where we need to go." Y/n replied, he was holding his mask at his side. His hair was blowing in the wind, revealing his face to the group. Imoto was perched on his shoulder.

"What do you mean? Where?" Aang asked.

"I need to go home. To see my family."

"I thought your family rejected you?" Katara asked.

"I won't take no for an answer this time."

"Y/n, is there something you aren't telling us?" Sokka asked skeptically.

"Yes, a great deal... and it's time I told you who I am. My name is Y/n Beifong. I am the first born of a noble family that has incredible wealth, fame, and power. After I was banished by the Firelord and rejected by my father and mother after returning home, I became a bandit. I raided gold shipments from my parents and attacked anyone that got in my way. I was wanted all over the Earth Kingdom for my ferocity and brutally... there is a lot of blood on my hands..."

Aang and the others stood quietly as Y/n spoke, most sharing a look of surprise, confusion, and uncertainty.

"I eventually made the mistake of thinking I could raid Kyoshi Island on my own.. Suki and the others were quick to put me in my place. Just before they were about to execute me, an elderly woman took pity on me. She saw that I was a scared and confused young boy in need of guidance. She convinced the island to take me in. I stayed on the island, returning myself to a noble path of protection and redemption. She passed away one month before we met..."

"Y/n.. that's.." Katara stared him in the eye, she saw a tear roll down his cheek. "Thank you for telling us, but why do you want to go back to your family? Why now?"

"Because my sister needs me."

~~~~

Toph walked into her mother's bedroom, her mother was sitting at her vanity mirror brushing her hair. She saw Toph in the mirror and turned to her.

"Toph, what is it? Do you need something?" She asked.

"Mom... do I have a brother?"