Ch.24 The Cave of Two Lovers

We open to team Avatar on the bank of a river. The team decides to take a rest and for Aang to practice his water bending with Katara. Katara was currently teaching Aang how to perform the octopus technique while Sokka was lounging on a giant leaf.

On the bank, Y/n and Kumar were looking over their map of the Earth Kingdom.

"So how far are we from Omashu?" Kumar asked.

"If we leave now we would be there in a few hours. The city is just beyond those mountains." Y/n points towards the horizon towards a large mountain range. "Unfortunately, I don't think it will be that easy."

"How come?"

"Some villagers in the town we visited yesterday said there were reports on Fire Nation activity in this area." Y/n explained. Sokka, Katara, and Aang walked up from the river having finished their training, and lounging.

"You don't think we should fly, do you?" Katara asked.

"No, I don't." Y/n said. "But, I think I found a way through the mountains instead of over them."

"How can we go through a mountain?" Sokka asked skeptically.

"With this." Y/n pointed to a small x on the map. "On the edge of the mountain is tunnel system that goes all the way to the other side, directly to Omashu. This tunnel system is notorious for being difficult to travel through, but I'm confident I can leads us to the other side."

"How can you be so sure?" Aang asked.

"I've learned to see without my eye, using the earth to see. How do you think I can fight so well?"

"You can see with the earth? That's so cool!" Kumar shouted.

"Well, not really see, but I can sense what's in my blind spot. It's a bit difficult to explain, but the point is I can lead us through the tunnels. What do you think? Should we take the tunnels?" Y/n asked looking to the group.

"Well, if it means we can avoid the Fire Nation, I'm all for it." Katara said.

"I'm in, sounds fun." Aang agreed.

"Eh, what the heck. What's the worst that can happen?" Sokka asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Iroh was crouched down staring at a white flower with red markings along the inside of its petals.

From behind him, Zuko and Azula come barreling out of some bushes.

"We didn't find anything to eat. I can't live like this! I wasn't meant to be a fugitive! This is impossible!" Zuko shouts kicking at the grass.

"Zuzu, calm down. Y/n was able to do this for over three years, if he can do it, so can we. So stop whining like a baby." Azula said.

"Says you, yesterday you were crying about not being able to put on fresh make-up." Zuko retorts.

"Wha- No! No I wasn't, I- I had something in my eye is all." Azula stutters.

" Azula stutters