Ch.3 The Southern Air Temple

We open to a beautiful morning on a beach where Aang, Katara, and Sokka had made camp. Aang and Katara were on Appa getting ready to leave, but Sokka was still asleep.

Aang: "Wait till you see it, Katara. The air temple is one of the most beautiful places in the world."

Katara: "Aang, I know you're excited, but it's been a hundred years since you've been home."

Aang: "That's why I'm so excited!"

Katara: "Its just that a lot can change in all that time."

Aang: "I know, but I need to see ot for myself."

Aang jumps down from Appa and walks over to the sleeping Sokka.

Aang: "Wake up, Sokka. Air temple, here we come!"

Sokka wakes up with a groan and rolls over on his side facing away from Aang.

Sokka: "Sleep now. Temple later."

Sokka closes his eyes and goes back to sleep. But Aang gets a devious grin and grabs a stick.

Aang: "Sokka, wake up! There's a prickle snake in your sleeping bag!"

Sokka jumps to his with a scream, while still being in his sleeping bag, and jumps around until he falls face first into the dirt.

Aang: "Great. You're awake. Let's go."

At a port off the coast in Fire Nation territory, Zuko and Azula's ship is docked for repairs. Zuko, Azula, and Iroh are walking off the ship onto the port.

Azula: "Uncle, we need the ship repaired as quickly as possible. We cant stay too long and risk losing his trail."

Iroh: "You mean the Avatar?"

Zuko and Azula quickly turn to Iroh and lower their voices.

Zuko: "Dont mention his name on these docks. Once word gets out that he's alive, every firebender will be out looking for him."

Azula: "And if someone else catches him, we'll never be able to bring Y/n home. So we dont want anyone getting in the way."

???: "Getting in the way of what? Princess Azula."

The royal trio turn and see Captain Zhao.

Azula: "Captain Zhao."

Zhao: "Its Commander now. And General Iroh, great hero of our nation."

Iroh: "Retired General."

Zhao: "The Fire Lord's brother, son, and daughter are welcome guests anytime. What brings you to my harbor?"

Iroh: "Our ship is being repaired."

Zhao: "That's quite a bit of damage."

Azula: "Yes, unfortunately we ran into three Earth Kingdom ships. We destroyed one of them, but had to retreat before they could sink us."

Zhao: "You must regale me with all the thrilling details. Join me for a drink?"

Zuko: "Thanks, but we have to go."

Iroh: "Prince Zuko. Show Commander Zhao your respect. We would be honored to join you. Do you have any Ginseng tea? It's my favorite."

Zuko and Azula growl but begrudgingly follow Iroh and Zhao. While they are walking, Azula lowers her voice to speak to her brother.

Azula: "This is pointless. The longer we are here the farther he gets, and the farther he gets the longer it will take to get Y/n back!"

Zuko: "Calm down, Azula. We'll be back at sea shortly. We'll humor Zhao, and leave. If all goes well, you and Y/n will be married before the year ends."