Ch.9 The Waterbending Scroll

We open to Appa and team Avatar flying through the mountains in the early hours of the morning. Aang is standing up and pacing along Appa's saddle. While Sokka is holding Appa's reins.

Sokka: "Would you sit down?! If we hit a bump, you'll go flying off! What's bugging you anyway?"

Aang: "Its what Avatar Roku said. I'm supposed to master all four elements before that comet arrives."

Sokka: "Well, let's see. You pretty much mastered airbending, and that only took you a hundred and twelve years. I'm sure you can master three more elements by next summer."

Aang: "I haven't even started waterbending, and we're still weeks away from the north pole! What am I going to do?!"

Katara pulls Aang down into a sitting position in front of her.

Katara: "Calm down. Its going to be ok. If you want, I can try and teach you some of the stuff i know."

Y/n: "And I can get you started on earthbending."

Aang: "You'd both do that for me?"

Katara: "Of course. But we'll need to find a good source of water first."

The team lands at the base of a waterfall that feeds into a river. Appa splashes down in the water as Aang and Katara get started on waterbending. Meanwhile, Y/n uses his earthbending to make a small rock stool to sit on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Out in the open ocean, Zuko and Azula are sparring with each other on the deck of their ship. As the siblings sparred, Zuko noticed that something was distracting his sister.

Zuko: "Azula, what's wrong? Your head is in the clouds."

Azula: "Sorry, Zuzu. Its just... I cant get what Y/n told us out of my head."

Zuko: "You mean about what he said about father."

Azula nodded her head while she looked out at the horizon.

Zuko: "Do you believe what he said?"

Azula: "You know how he is, Zuko. Y/n wouldn't do something without good reason... I miss him."

Zuko pulls his sister into a hug.

Zuko: "I miss him too."

The ship suddenly jerks to the side, forcing Azula and Zuko to hold onto the side railing of the ship. The siblings are quick to make their way to the bridge of the ship and confront the captain.

Zuko: "What's the meaning of this mutiny? No one told you to change course."

On the floor of the room, Iroh and two others were playing a game of Pai Sho.

Iroh: "Actually, someone did. I assure you, it is a matter of utmost importance."

Azula: "Is it something to do with the Avatar?"

Iroh: "Even more urgent. I've lost my lotus tile."

Zuko: "Lotus tile?"

Iroh: "For my Pai Sho game. Most people think the lotus tile insignificant. But it is essential for the unusual strategy that I employ."

Azula: "You've changed our course for a stupid lotus tile?"

Iroh: "See, you, like most people, underestimate its value. Just give me ten minutes to check the merchants at this port of Cal. Hopefully, they'll have the lotus tile in stock and I can get on with my life."

In a desperate attempt to control their anger, Zuko and Azula spew out fire and smoke from their mouths uppwards.

Iroh: "I'm lucky to have such an understanding niece and nephew."