Ch.21 Mount Kesseki

Aang and the rest of team Avatar were flying over the vast plains of the Earth Kingdom towards Omashu. Off in the distance was a large mountain range with a singular mountain rising high above the others. Sokka held a map in his hands, looking over their route.

Sokka: "Alright, as long as we keep going this way we should reach Omashu in a few days."

Katara: "Itll be good to see Bumi, again."

As the gang flew across the mountains, Y/n looked off into the distance at the towering peak.

Y/n: "Sokka, does the map say if that mountain has a name?"

Sokka: "Uh, yeah. It's called Mount Kesseki, why?"

Y/n got up from his seat and went up to the front of the saddle.

Y/n: "Aang, I need to ask a favor."

Aang: "Of course, Y/n. What do you need?"

Y/n: "We need to make a detour to Mount Kesseki."

Aang: "What for?"

Y/n: "I cant say for certain. But it involves Avatar Kyoshi."

Aang: "Say no more."

Aang pulls on Appa's reins and changes direction towards the peak of Mount Kesseki. As they rose higher towards the peak, it became colder and began to snow. At the top of the mountain, the gang finds a large temple, sitting in the snow. The temple was in a state of disrepair, weather and time taking its toll.

 The temple was in a state of disrepair, weather and time taking its toll

Sokka: "This place is huge! Why are we even here?"

Y/n: "Avatar Kyoshi told me to come here."

Katara: "Okay, and where do we go? There must be a hundred rooms in the temple."

Aang: "If Kyoshi wanted us to come here, she may want to talk to Y/n. Just like how Roku talked to me back in the Fire Nation temple. So, we just have to find the room with a statue of Avatar Kyoshi."

Y/n: "Then let's get looking."

The gang began to search the temple for any room that seemed connected to Avatar Kyoshi. While Y/n and Katara were walking down a hallway, Katara gently grabbed Y/n by the wrist.

Katara: "Hey, Y/n, is it alright if we talk, since we have a moment?"

Y/n: "Of course, Katara. What is it?"

Katara: "Its about what you said back in the North Pole, about the price you paid for Zuko and Azula."

Y/n: "What about it?"

Katara: "Well, you said you'd pay the same price again for me. Did you mean just me or did you mean all of us?"

Y/n is quiet. He stares at Katara for a moment before turning around.

Y/n: "I intended it for all of you, but.. a part of me meant it only for you."

Katara stood behind Y/n, she reached out and grasped his hand in hers. She could feel how rough and worn it was. Y/n gave her hand a light squeeze before pulling his hand away and taking a few steps forward.