Ch.4 The Sand Demon of Kyoshi Island

We open to Zuko and Azula in their room, both are kneeled down in front of a small table with candles. They are sitting quietly doing a series of breathing exercises that dim and brighten the flames of the candles. Iroh then opens their door and steps inside hiding a scroll.

Zuko: "The only reason you should be interrupting us is if you have news about the Avatar."

Iroh: "Well, there is news, but you might not like it. Dont get too upset."

Azula: "Uncle, you taught us that keeping a level head is a sign of a great leader. Now, whatever you have to day, I'm sure me and Zuko can take it."

Iroh: "Okay then. We have no idea where he is."

The flames of the candles erupt as Zuko and Azula jump to their feet.

Zuko: "Give me that!"

Zuko snatches the scroll away from Iroh and opens it to find a map. On the map are a series of points marked in black ink with a dotted line connecting all the points, the points seeming to be random.

Iroh: "There have been multile sightings of the Avatar, but he is impossible to track down."

Azula: "How are we going to find him? He is clearly a master of evasive maneuvering."

Aang and the gang are flying around with Sokka looking at a map.

Sokka: "You have no idea where you're going, do you?"

Aang: "Well, I know it's near water."

Its then revealed that there is nothing but water around them for miles. Katara, who's sewing up a hole in Sokka's pants, throws them in his face when he makes a remark about men being better fighters than girls. Soon, the gang lands on the beach of an island.

Sokka: "We just made a pit stop yesterday. Shouldn't we get a little more flying done before we camp out?"

Katara: "He's right. At this rate, we wont get to the North Polr until spring."

Aang: "But Appa's tired already, arent you, boy?"

Appa yawns, but it doenst convince Sokka and Katara. The gang then see an Elephant Koi breach the water. Aang is quick to strip down and race out into the water to ride the giant fish. However, Aang's fun is soon cut short when a giant sea serpent begins to eat the Elephant Koi, forcing Aang to flee back to the beach.

Katara: "What was that thing?"

Aang: "I dont know."

Sokka: "Well, let's not stick around to find out. Time to hit the road."

Suddenly, the sand beneath everyone's feet shoots up and entombs them, leaving only their heads open. But they are quickly blindfolded by a group of unknown warriors.

Sokka: "Or we could stay awhile."

The three are taken to a nearby village and tied to a giant pole.

???1: "The three of you have some explaining to do."

???2: "And if you dont answer all our questions, we're throwing you back in the water with the Unagi."

Sokka: "Show yourselves cowards!"

Their blindfolds are taken off and the group sees a group of armored weapon with face paint, an old man, and a hooded figure at the back of the group.