Ch.17 The Waterbending Master

Aang and the gang are flying across the northern ocean, pillars of ice jut out from the water. As they flew over the water, pillars of ice suddenly formed in front of them from the ocean. Aang did his best to avoid the ice but Appa was forced into the water, where six water tribe boats emerged from hiding.

Katara: "They're water benders! We found the water tribe."

The water benders escorted the gang to the wall of the Northern Water Tribe, where they were welcome inside. As they moved through the city, a boat passd them that had a white haired girl, whom Sokka was immediately enthralled by.

Nighy soon fell on the water tribe and the gang was invited to a grand feast in their honor. The chief of the tribe rose to his feet and addressed his people.

Chief: "Tonight, we celebrate the arrival of our brother and sister from the Southern Tribe. And they have brought with them two very special guests. First, someone who many of us believed disappeared from the world until now, The Avatar. And the second, the first of his title to walk the world, The Vanguard of the Avatar."

The crowd cheered as Aang and Y/n waved to them.

Chief: "We also celebrate my daughter's sixteenth birthday. Princess Yue is now of marrying age."

Yue: "Thank you, father. May the great ocean and moon spirits watch over us durning these troubled times."

Chief: "Now, master Pakku and his students will perform!"

Master Pakku and two of his students began a display of waterbending much to the enjoyment of the crowd. After the feast, the Chief took Aang to meet Master Pakku.

Chief: "Master Pakku, meet your newest student, the Avatar."

Pakku: "Just becuase you're destined to save the world, dont expect any special treatment."

Aang: "My friend and I cant wait to start training with you, after we relax for a couple of days."

Pakku: "If you want to relax, then I suggest visiting a tropical island. If not, I'll see you both at sunrise. Good night."

Pakku leaves and Aang and the gang settle down for the night. The night was peaceful in the Northen Water Tribe, but Y/n's slumber was anything but peaceful. He tossed and turned in his bed and visions of a woman flashed in his mind.

 He tossed and turned in his bed and visions of a woman flashed in his mind

Kyoshi: "Beware the green lightning... the third is yet to come... beware the princess..."

Y/n bolted upright in his bed, his body drenched in sweat and his cowl soaked. Y/n got out of bed, he wore only his pants and cowl, his upper body and feet bare. He stepped out onto the balcony and looked up at the crescent moon. Y/n slowly removed his cowl and rested it on the railing, the cold night wind rustling his long dark hair that reached his shoulders. The wind felt good on his half scared face.

Katara: "Y/n? What's wrong?"

Y/n quickly hid his face behind his hair, keeping his back to Katara.

Y/n: "Nothing, Katara. Just a bad dream."