Ch. 13 The Fortune Teller

Team Avatar had made camp by the side of a river. Sokka was trying to catch a fish in the river with his hands, as Aang had used the fishing line to make a new necklace for Katara. However, they soon find a man being attacked by a platypus bear. They had managed to scare off the bear and talk to the man.

Y/n: "Are you alright, sir."

Man: "I'm fine, thank you. But your assistants wasnt needed, everything was under control. Not to worry. Aunt Wu predicted I'd have a safe Journey."

Aang: "Aunt Who?"

Man: "No, Aunt Wu. She's the fortune teller from my village. Awful nice knowing your future."

Katara: "That explains why you were so calm."

Sokka: "But the fortune teller was wrong. You didnt have a safe Journey. You were almost killed."

Man: "But I wasnt. Alright, have a good one. Oh, and Aunt Wu said if i met any travelers, to give them this."

The man gave Aang a package that turned out to be an umbrella.

Katara: "Maybe we should go see Aunt Wu and learn our fortunes. It could be fun."

Sokka: "Oh, come on. Fortune telling is nonsense."

Y/n: "You should put more stock in the mystical, Sokka. This world is a strange place with many wonderful surprises. Who's to say that someone cant predict the future?"

As Aang opened the umbrella it began to pour rain. However, the rain didnt last long as they made their way into the village Aunt Wu lived. When they entered Aunt Wu's home they were met by her assistant, a young girl named Meng who seemed awfully nervous around Aang. Meng gave them some snacks and left as Aunt Wu came out.

Aunt Wu: "Welcome, young travelers. Now, who's next?"

Y/n: "I'd like to go first."

Aunt Wu: "Follow me."

Aunt Wu lead Y/n into a dark room that was only lit by a small fire pit. Next to the pit was a bowl full of bones.

Aunt Wu: "Take one of the bones and throw it in the fire."

Y/n tosses his bone into the fire and sits down across from Aunt Wu.

Aunt Wu: "The heat makes cracks in the bone and I read the cracks to tell your destiny."

The bone sta in the fire for a moment before a large crack split the bone in two horizontally. As the bone cracked the fire turned blue.

Aunt Wu: "Blue flames?! Your destiny is incredible. I see four powerful women in your future. One, her aura blazing with blue flames and her heart aches for you. The second, her heart yearns for you but she doesnt reach to you. The third, her heart doesnt know of your existence, but it will crumble from rock to sand when you meet. And the fourth... I.. dont understand."

Y/n: "What's wrong, Aunt Wu?"

Aunt Wu: "I.. dont.. the fourth woman, your meeting with her will begin when your journey ends. And, there is a warning in the bone."

Y/n: "Warning? What warning?"

Aunt Wu: "Beware the green lightning."

Y/n: "Green lightning?"

Aunt Wu: "Yes."

The bone in the flame turns to dust as the flames go back to normal.

Aunt Wu: "I'm afraid that's all I can tell you, I'm sorry."

Y/n: "No, you've told me more than enough, Aunt Wu. Thank you."

Y/n rose to his feet and left the room. As he did, Aunt Wu looked at him with great sorrow. Outside, Y/n waited patiently as Katara and Aang had their fortunes told, both of whom emerged with large smiles.

Y/n: "I take it your readings went well?"

Aang: "Better than well."

In the middle of town, the villagers had gathered. They waited for Aunt Wu who was going to predict the fate of the village. When she arrived and did her reading, she foretold that the village wouldnt be destroyed. After the reading, Aang tried to tell Katara how she feels, but she ignored him and went to get another reading from Aunt Wu. Feeling dejected, Aang went to ask Sokka and Y/n for advice.

Aang: "Hey, Sokka, Y/n. I could use your help."

Sokka: "Of course Aang, what's up?"

Aang: "Well, I need help with girl problems."

Sokka: "That's easy, just be a jerk and any girl will fall for you."

Aang: "Really?"

Y/n then slapped Sokka upside the head.

Y/n: "Sokka, you clearly know nothing about women. Aang, the best way to attract a girl is to be yourself. Treat a girl with respect, adoration, and love. I suggest starting with a gift to show her you're interested."

Aang: "Okay, but what kind of gift?"

Y/n: "I heard a couple talking about a rare flower that grows at the top of the mountain. It's called a panda lily."

Aang: "Great, let's go!"

Aang dragged Sokka and Y/n with him as he climbed the mountain. At the top of the mountain, the trio discovers that the volcano is active and ready to erupt. They race back to the village and try to tell everyone to leave, but they refuse, choosing to believe Aunt Wu's predictions instead. The team comes up with a plan to change the prediction. They steal Aunt Wu's cloud book and bend the clouds into the symbol for doom. Afterwards, the team and the village create a large trench to redirect the lava away from the village. As the volcano erupts, ash falls from the sky and lava slids down the down the mountain. The lave threatens to overflow into the village, but Aang is able to cool the lava into rock with his air bending.

After saving the village, the team returns Aunt Wu's book and leaves. As they fly away, Y/n's mind goes back to his reading. When he thinks about the fourth woman, a shadow of dread goes over his heart.