chapter thirty seven

FIRST POV

I was waiting with Ae Cha and Ha Joon for our Uber to arrive.

"It was nice spending time with you guy. Glad we've all gotten to personally get to know each other" Da Chul said "we would have you guys join us, but the car isn't big enough for us all" he added.

"It's fine! No wories!" Ae Cha spoke up for us, "it was nice spending time with you as well" Ae Cha said and glanced quickly at Myung Seouk.

They walked away, Bong Joon and Seung Ho came out. "See you guys at school tomorrow!" Bong Joon waved, I locked eyes with Seung Ho, I had a flashback from last night I looked away rapidly.

Seung Ho's lip ends curled up just a tiny bit. "Well, let's get going" Bong Joon slapped his hand on Seung Ho's back, Seung Ho gave a cold look at him, "s-sorry..." they walked away to join the others.

"Our Uber is almost arriving" Ha Joon checked, "you woke up very happy today, and that's very rare. Did something good happen?" Ae Cha asked me "ah... n-no" I nodded no, Ha Joon's eyes saddened.

I glanced at Ha Joon.

What should I do...?

The Uber came and once we all got home, we all settled down. I was unpacking gym stuff, and I messaged Gun Woo that I was back home, and I can start working again.

Gotta work my shifts that I missed.

I was separating dirty clothes and clothes that I didn't wear for the trip when my eomma walked in.

"Had fun?" She asked annoyed, I didn't bother looking at her. "Mhm," I nodded "why won't you look at me?" I looked at her with a serious look "mad about something?" "Nope" I picked up my basket of dirty clothes.

"If you have something to say then say it, child!" She shouted in my face "I just said... no." I walked past her.

Does she think I don't know about her pawning my damn ring? Costs more than her life.

I was putting my dirty clothes to wash, she follows me to the laundry room. "I expect you to work harder than—" I cut off her "ever. I know eomma. You've been telling me even before I left, it's getting annoying" I shut the washer and tried getting away.

"Annoying? So I'm annoying now?" She followed me to the kitchen "I didn't necessarily say that. I'm just saying you repeating something, is" I grabbed a water bottle, and even before I could open it she slapped it of my hand.

"Don't you dare disrespect me in MY own house!" "Your house?" I scoffed "I pay bills here too! It's mine as well!" And don't slap shit out of my hands!" I picked it. "Food! Food that you bills! You owe me!" I attempted to leave the kitchen but she blocked me.

"The hell do I owe you?" I glared at her "everything! I gave birth to you! I changed you, fed you, bathed y—" I cut her off. "That's what moms are suppose to do! You wanted a child! I didn't ask for this! You could've given me away for all I care, would've been better than living here, with your's and appa's abuse!!"

SLAP!

I stood there, quiet, with my head turned, and my hair in my face. My check felt burning, it stung.

"The fuck did I say about disrespecting me in my own house?" That was her excuse. First day getting back and it's already bad, couldn't this all wait until tomorrow?

Eomma walked away. I was left in the kitchen, I ook the hair out of my face and I tool a deep breath.

I'm fine.

My eyes got watery, I'm fine.

I took my water bottle to my room. The next day came and I left to school with Ha Joon.